Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Can't add a contact on Contacts app in Ventura

When I try to add a new contact on the app it suddenly interrupt the process and came back to search, no crash or error of the app. It appears an empty card on the contacts title No Name.

I have Ventura 13.4.1 and the contact app is in sync with iCloud and my company gmail account.

If I create a contact in my phone it properly sync with google and the is reflected on the local Contact app in my Mac.

I also noticed, if I edit that No Name contact with the information it works fine. But every time I try create a new contact happens the same, the go again with the No Name contact to fill it. This is ok as a walk around but I have seen that exactly the same issue has been happening at least since 2020, it is hard to understand how Apple has not solved it after all this time.

Some people mentioned that could solve it disconnecting a reconnecting the iCloud account, I tried that but works only ones, when I try to add a second new contact it failed again.

Posted on Sep 26, 2023 3:10 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Nov 27, 2023 6:35 AM in response to leroydouglas

Having same issue. And found that this issue start all the way back to Big Sur.

1. Thought having too many linked account causing the issue. Removed all contact link and left with iCloud. Issue same. Furthermore, it makes no sense that one laptop can only connect to one online account for contact sync. Ridiculous.
  2. Sign out and in. I literally factory reset the whole MacBook Pro, same problem.
  3. Disable contact and re-enable, contacts synced. Still cannot add any new contact.
  4. Running Sonoma 14.1.1. Same issue from Ventura and before that.
  5. MacBook Pro M1 Pro.

Don't think anyone is solving this bug in the contact app. Appreciate those who tried to help but the underlying problem is never resolved. Workaround means to be temporary. This is like forever and can't blame some for not having faith in this being resolved at the root at all.

Sep 26, 2023 3:24 PM in response to CGM80

CGM80 wrote:

When I try to add a new contact on the app it suddenly interrupt the process and came back to search, no crash or error of the app. It appears an empty card on the contacts title No Name.

I have Ventura 13.4.1 and the contact app is in sync with iCloud and my company gmail account.

If I create a contact in my phone it properly sync with google and the is reflected on the local Contact app in my Mac.

I also noticed, if I edit that No Name contact with the information it works fine. But every time I try create a new contact happens the same, the go again with the No Name contact to fill it. This is ok as a walk around but I have seen that exactly the same issue has been happening at least since 2020, it is hard to understand how Apple has not solved it after all this time.

Some people mentioned that could solve it disconnecting a reconnecting the iCloud account, I tried that but works only ones, when I try to add a second new contact it failed again.

The next step would be to sign out of iCloud and back in again to sort issues...

Sign out of iCloud on your Mac ...

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.6

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Can't add a contact on Contacts app in Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.