Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

My iPad was not syncing my notes with my iPad even though all my notes were being saved on my iCloud account. I then backed up my ipad and restarted my ipad and all my notes were erased. I cannot retrieve them anywhere even on my iCloud.

My notes seem to have been permanently deleted after the back up and are not showing anywhere. How am I able to retrieve them. All my devices were backed up but the notes folder was not syncing.

Now it seems to be syncing but all the notes that were on my iPad have been erased.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Sep 26, 2023 6:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2023 3:40 AM

See >>> Delete and recover notes on iCloud.com - Apple Support

If your Notes were synchronised with iCloud Notes, they should be recoverable if accidentally deleted. If instead you were not using iCloud Notes, your Notes should have been included within your iCloud or iTunes backup.

However, be aware that iCloud backups are incremental. If your iCloud backup has been refreshed since the Notes were deleted, the deleted Notes will also have been removed from the iCloud backup - and will be unrecoverable.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2023 3:40 AM in response to ZGMapanda

See >>> Delete and recover notes on iCloud.com - Apple Support

If your Notes were synchronised with iCloud Notes, they should be recoverable if accidentally deleted. If instead you were not using iCloud Notes, your Notes should have been included within your iCloud or iTunes backup.

However, be aware that iCloud backups are incremental. If your iCloud backup has been refreshed since the Notes were deleted, the deleted Notes will also have been removed from the iCloud backup - and will be unrecoverable.

My iPad was not syncing my notes with my iPad even though all my notes were being saved on my iCloud account. I then backed up my ipad and restarted my ipad and all my notes were erased. I cannot retrieve them anywhere even on my iCloud.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.