Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Is my Apple ID password the same as my email?

How do I change my Mac mail password?

Posted on Sep 27, 2023 8:40 AM

3 replies

Sep 30, 2023 12:12 PM in response to Glo10

Hello Glo10,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you want to change your Apple ID password. We are happy to help.

Please try the steps here: Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

"Change your Apple ID password on your Mac

1. Choose Apple menu  > System Settings, then select your name.
  2. Select Sign-In & Security.
  3. Select Change Password. Before you can reset your Apple ID password, you'll be required to enter the password used to unlock your Mac. "

These steps may help. Please let us know if you have further questions.

Take care.

Oct 1, 2023 5:57 AM in response to Glo10

Hey there Glo10, 

You would need to follow the steps we previously shared to change your Apple ID password.

Change your Apple ID password   

As discussed within, iCloud: About your @icloud.com, @me.com, and @mac.com email addresses:

• "If you had a working @mac.com email address as of July 9, 2008, kept your MobileMe account active, and moved to iCloud before August 1, 2012, you can use @icloud.com, @me.com, and @mac.com email addresses with your iCloud account.

In each case, you can sign in to iCloud with either your @icloud.com email address or the Apple ID that you use with your iCloud account.

If you created one or more email aliases for your account, be aware of the following:

• You can change or delete an email alias, but if you delete an @mac.com or @me.com email alias, you can't add it back to your iCloud account.
  • You can't sign in to iCloud.com with an email alias. Sign in with your @icloud.com email address or the Apple ID that you use with your iCloud account."

Have a good one!

Is my Apple ID password the same as my email?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.