Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Problem installing iPad iOS 17.0.2 on new iPad generation 10

Taking very long time to install, way longer than 30 minutes.

iPad (10th generation)

Posted on Sep 27, 2023 10:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2023 3:07 PM

See this article.

If your iPhone or iPad won't update - Apple Support

5 replies

Nov 13, 2023 3:00 PM in response to Newmusicuser

Same problem here right now. New iPad gen 10 configuring from my previous iPad. Downloaded iOS 17.1.1, which took almost an hour (strange); and now for over an hour it is sitting showing a screen that says "Install now" with a spinning wheel. Been doing that for 90 minutes. I'm nervous to restart and lose the ability to configure from my old iPad. But it seems hung....

Problem installing iPad iOS 17.0.2 on new iPad generation 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.