AN ERROR OCCURRED ISSUE

Hi,,

I try to format my macbook pro 13 inch 2016 model from installing window. I excelled myself by deleting everything!

It appears that macOS is installed and I get the install window for MacOS Sierra 12.6.03, however, at the end of the install, I get "An error occurred while preparing the installation. Try running this application again." Which I have several times...

Still it showing, what can I do?...

Any advice on how to mend my stupidness would be appreciated.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.7

Posted on Sep 27, 2023 11:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2023 12:04 PM

Hi Hasan9961,

Consider following the instructions found under "Install in safe mode" or "Install after repairing your disk" from this support document: If an error occurred while updating or installing macOS - Apple Support

If you're still having issues, consider contacting Apple Support or bringing the device to an Apple Store.

Hope this helps!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2023 12:04 PM in response to Hasan9961

Hi Hasan9961,

Consider following the instructions found under "Install in safe mode" or "Install after repairing your disk" from this support document: If an error occurred while updating or installing macOS - Apple Support

If you're still having issues, consider contacting Apple Support or bringing the device to an Apple Store.

Hope this helps!

AN ERROR OCCURRED ISSUE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.