IOS 17 update ... Find my Live stopped working after update, anyone have a fix for this yet? Thank you

Find my Live stopped working after update, anyone have a fix for this yet? Thank you

Posted on Sep 27, 2023 1:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2023 7:25 PM

Same issue. Find My and Face Time are the 2 main reasons I switched to Apple for the first time. Meh. I understand glitches happen but don’t they test this before release? And not being able to share my location is kind of a safety issue with the kids. Apple needs a fix for this. I keep pushing the share button and nothing happens. Nobody can see me. Well I’m sure the government agencies can. But not my friends. 🤪

147 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2023 7:25 PM in response to JPvano

Same issue. Find My and Face Time are the 2 main reasons I switched to Apple for the first time. Meh. I understand glitches happen but don’t they test this before release? And not being able to share my location is kind of a safety issue with the kids. Apple needs a fix for this. I keep pushing the share button and nothing happens. Nobody can see me. Well I’m sure the government agencies can. But not my friends. 🤪

Dec 16, 2023 4:00 PM in response to Maninblack_30

I did update my wife’s phone and no change at all. I am so ****** off at apple. The idiots who do the software, most probably from India should be hung in public. My wife works at night and long drive from home and I keep track for safety sake. Now this **** is not working, 20 to 30 min for update, should have never updated to 17.2

Oct 28, 2023 8:58 PM in response to bbesspete

"If you haven't already, make sure the person you're sharing locations with also has their device updated to the latest version of iOS: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support"

I'm sorry but that is absolutely unacceptable, My 2 kids are using iPhone 8's, which cannot run 17, is it really reasonable to expect me to buy them new phones? Now I can't know where they are reliably, Why was there no prior warning that this functionality would not be compatible with iOS 16 devices?

Wish I'd never "upgraded" to 17.

Jan 13, 2024 6:35 AM in response to JPvano

After updating my iPhone 11 to iOS 17.2.1, my Find My app could not locate anyone of the People sharing location with me.

After trying everything I finally managed to get it working again!!!!

• Settings>General>iPhone Storage (scroll down to Find My)
  • Tap on it > Offload App (NOT delete)
  • Power off iPhone
  • Power on iPhone
  • go back to iPhone storage
  • Reinstall Find My

Hope this works for you too!!

Dec 30, 2023 6:01 PM in response to Maninblack_30

Same issue with me - 17.2 screwed up the “live” functionality to watch that person’s icon travel realtime. Now, it updates sometimes but doesn’t “real time” track a person. Sometimes it doesn’t update at all .. 20mins or more. My iPad is 17.1 and it works like it should. Neither my wife or daughter are 17.2 either. Good god, the one time I blatantly “trust” and they screw up one of the biggest reasons I am with Apple still … 🤬🤬🤬

Nov 27, 2023 2:14 PM in response to JPvano

The fix is in your account page. On all phones that have the family sharing you need to do the change. Click on the name/pic at the top of settings for your account info. Then click family sharing. You will need to view and accept new terms and then you can update the sharing. But you do need to do it on each device, it can’t be done remotely. I just had success on this myself!

Nov 29, 2023 1:03 PM in response to bbesspete

The problem we are having our 2 children don't have devices that support iOS17, and I don't think it's fair to break something that people use to monitor their children. If it's by design, then I don't think it's fair to expect users to have their young kids carrying around phones that could make them a target because of the value of their phones. This functionality was the reason we moved from android a few years ago :-(

IOS 17 update ... Find my Live stopped working after update, anyone have a fix for this yet? Thank you

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.