iPad Notes, not backing up to iCloud

My iPad notes are not backing up to iCloud. The only Notes in iCloud are from my iPhone 14 pro.

I have 999 iPad notes. In the Notes folders it appears under Yahoo.

I backed up to iCloud this morning and still no Notes appeared on iCloud.

The timing of this just happened to be after the 17.1 software update. And at first, no Notes were showing at all on iPad. But…I got them back.

Under Apps using iCloud, Notes is “On”.

Thank you for your help.

Lizabeth

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 27, 2023 2:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2023 3:39 PM

CalBliss wrote:

My iPad notes are not backing up to iCloud. The only Notes in iCloud are from my iPhone 14 pro.

The timing of this just happened to be after the 17.1 software update. And at first, no Notes were showing at all on iPad. But…I got them back.

Thank you for your help.

Lizabeth

Sorry notes aren't part of the backup What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support since in your case on your phone it is synced to icloud, which is why you can see if on icloud.com.

For your ipad your notes are syncing with yahoo as you stated you see the folder under yahoo.

To confirm this sign into your yahoo account on a web browser and notes folder and your 999 notes will be there.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2023 3:39 PM in response to CalBliss

CalBliss wrote:

Thank you for your help.

Lizabeth

Sorry notes aren't part of the backup What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support since in your case on your phone it is synced to icloud, which is why you can see if on icloud.com.

For your ipad your notes are syncing with yahoo as you stated you see the folder under yahoo.

To confirm this sign into your yahoo account on a web browser and notes folder and your 999 notes will be there.

iPad Notes, not backing up to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.