You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 is now available

Customize your iPhone in more ways than ever, stay connected with friends and family, and relive your favorite moments. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 15 wallpaper pinch to crop is broken

On the new iPhone 15 and iOS 16, trying to set an image as a wallpaper with the nice blur effect at the top no longer works. The phone will completely ignore whatever crop I set and instead zoom the photo in too far when I hit “done”.

Please fix this! I would love to set the crop on my photos again.

Posted on Sep 27, 2023 3:12 PM

1 reply

Sep 30, 2023 5:05 PM in response to fysaeri

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities fysaeri,

If you're having an issue adjusting the wallpaper image on your device, we can suggest the following steps, which will work toward resolving any issues:

1. Close any open apps on your phone: Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support
  2. Restart your phone: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support
  3. Make sure you have the most recent version of iOS available installed on your iPhone: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Don't hesitate to respond back if these steps have been completed but the issue persists.

Best!

iphone 15 wallpaper pinch to crop is broken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.