Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

The current update of IOS 17.0.2 is full of bugs

device- IPAD 9th generation

I have updated it now while studying when I am opening a pdf it always opens from the 1st page, earlier it used open the same page where I used to leave.

Take a screenshot then copy and delete the screenshot and then paste that in the pdf file.. now it is not getting pasted..earlier it used to get copied.

now after the update when I am writing anything in the pdf file …I observe some lag in writing and then it displays

when I am highlighting anything in first stroke of highlighting the texts are not getting highlighted…save or close the file and open it again. Then you may find the highlighted text.

when I am trying to erase something text are not getting erased.i have close the file then open it, things will get erased on pdf.

Now the pencil option is not getting auto minimised on selection of any pencil type and this is irritating.

this update is full of bugs.

if someone is facing then issues then please reply that how I can raise these bugs with apple support

iPad

Posted on Sep 28, 2023 2:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2023 3:51 PM

Me too .Since iOS 17.2 update , unable to get on internet or apps very slow. So frustrating. What can be done ?

64 replies

Nov 10, 2023 5:31 AM in response to MichelPM

Thanks for the advice that I should do a hard reboot when there is a software issue. Got it. I do that multiple times a day now. Dropped iTunes, failure to connect phone calls in the car, etc. It fixes it for about 30 minutes. Rinse & repeat. All since updating to IOS 17. This is not occasional. This is constant. The update should have been better debugged before the customer was told to install it. This is the worst update you have put out.

Oct 4, 2023 4:21 PM in response to RaniRitu

I’m FULL OF ISSUES -17.0.2 - can’t update to newest no storage message now- but deleted EVERYTHING- apps close or freeze- maps always off line - speak to text won’t work- always shutting down- face time won’t work- messsages take FOREVER to send then DISAPPEAR yet others send a response - CAMERA freezes if it opens - no internet response -apps won’t open the list goes on and ON -DO BETTER APPLE cuz my 13 is JUNK CURRENTLY - this is RIDICULOUS APPLE

Sep 28, 2023 2:30 AM in response to RaniRitu

Some bugs and issues are perhaps inevitable with any new major software release. Beta testing can only uncover so much; only when software is being used in real situations, by end users, are some issues discovered.

Apple invites submission of bug reports via its Product Feedback portal. For iPad and iPadOS:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

When submitting a bug report, ensure that you include your iPad model and installed version of iPadOS within the body of the report. Don't rely upon the pick-list - as this rarely includes the most recent versions. Focus on a single issue; if you need to, submit a separate report for each problem.

Nov 5, 2023 1:48 AM in response to RaniRitu

Since I did the update of iOS 17 when it first launched on my iPad Pro Gen 5. It went for operating smooth and Excellent to like a very bad bug messing with my hardware malfunctioning. I setup an appointment yesterday to Apple Store at the Lenox Mall Location in Atlanta, GA yesterday at 5:30pm to get fixed or replace. However, the staff told me since the warranty ran out there is nothing they can do far as replacement and he was even lost for words why this issue is happening to my tab with no type of damage done to it when they did a physical and diagnostic test to see if there was something they may have caused the problem I was having. Where you are unable to turn off screen by the power button, volume button not working, and volume notifications keeps flashing on main screen on and off as shown in video attachment. The crazy part is the fact all of this had happen seemingly after my warranty ran out.🤔https://youtu.be/AIAJGPocy2M

Nov 10, 2023 9:58 PM in response to judgecarrie

FYI,

I haven’t put out anything.

Other than Apple employees, who monitor/moderate these Apple prooduct support communities, for enforcement of the Terms of Use guidelines of these Apple Support Communities, and Apple Community Spedialists, who help out here, on a regular basis, no one else here works for nor represents Apple.

Most respondants, that reply here, are just regular Apple product users, like me and just like you.

I am the “I T” Apple “knowitall” for myself, my Wife and my Mom and Dad!

I have upgraded/updated seven Apple mobile devices without issues/complaints/problems from any of my family members, so far.

But, to note, everyone's use cases are different with little to no overlap or overlapping issues.

My Mom is in her 80's and her and my Wife are the first ones to complain if there are any glaring or problematic issues.

They have, yet, to complain about any,obvious bugs/glitchest/issues, to date.

Usually a one time force restart/hard reset of any Apple mobile device, right after a major/minor OS update, is enough to clear up any immediate OS glitching and/or perceived “bugs“.

Assuming all Apple mobile devices have an acceptable amount of free, internal data storagr space.

Oct 14, 2023 3:53 PM in response to RaniRitu

nobody likes to admit it but Apple seems to have a severe software problem these days, I just returned to the iPhone 11 after using a Samsung for about a month and a half and I've gotta be honest there's a lot more bugs on the iPhone and there is on that device as soon as I went back to this device running 17.0.2 immediately I noticed that there was a notification bug I also noticed that the Apple Watch Ultra does not sink correctly when text messages are read on the iPhone despite Apple claiming that they fixed that bug so the fact of the matter is is Apple as a problem in its software department I blame management at the end of the day they pay to manage and all the managing to do is just create more bugs

Jan 17, 2024 7:48 AM in response to nevin213

Hello ~ It is always best to start your own thread ins of tacking on to an old one so your questions get the attention they deserve. You can do so by going to upper area if this page and click on “Ask the Community “ and follow the instructions. Click on below for some possible assistance…

If Touch ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

~Katana-San~

Oct 2, 2023 11:59 PM in response to RaniRitu

Since installing the latest update 17.0.02 i have two known issues …..i can no longer add or delete from my contacts favourite list… also my iphone is constantly turning of my vpn and denying access to the internet until i either turn my iphone on and off or turn the vpn back on again, nether should be happening.. my question is when is apple going to fix these bugs they added to on my iphone 11 as this ridiculous issue is really putting me upgrading to the iphone 15 and perhaps going over to Samsung can you Help?

Oct 8, 2023 8:33 AM in response to RaniRitu

To Everyone in this posting.

Has anyone tried a hard reset/forced restart of their iPads?

After ANY iOS/iPadOS upgrade/update, you should ALWAYS perform a simple hard reset/forced restart of your Apple mobile device.

For iPad models with a Home button, do a simple hard reset/forced restart of your iPad by holding down both the Home and sleep/wake/power button simultaneously until your iPad goes to black and restarts with Apple logo, then release the buttons.

OR

For much newer design iPad models, without a Home button, try the new simple hard reset/forced restart procedure for the new 2018-2022 iPad Pros, 2020/21 iPad Air 4 and 5, the 2021 iPad Mini 6 and the new 2022, 10th gen base models,

1. Press and release the volume button closest to the top Power button

2. Then immediately ( and quickly ) press and release the volume button farthest from the top Power button.

3. Then, press and hold the top single sleep/wake/power button You will see the Slide to Power off button, but keep on holding down the power button until you see the Apple logo, then let it go.

Once you have performed all the steps, wait for a few seconds and your 2018-2022 iPad will boot up completely to the iPad’s Lock screen.

Tap, read and follow this Apple support link below.

Force restart iPad - Apple Support

Best of Luck to All!

Nov 2, 2023 10:43 AM in response to lorelei194

After ANY iOS/iPadOS upgrade/update, you should ALWAYS perform a simple hard reset/forced restart of your Apple mobile device.

For iPad models with a Home button, do a simple hard reset/forced restart of your iPad by holding down both the Home and sleep/wake/power button simultaneously until your iPad goes to black and restarts with Apple logo, then release the buttons.

OR

For much newer design iPad models, without a Home button, try the new simple hard reset/forced restart procedure for the new 2018-2022 iPad Pros, 2020/21 iPad Air 4 and 5, the 2021 iPad Mini 6 and the new 2022, 10th gen base models,

1. Press and release the volume button closest to the top Power button

2. Then immediately ( and quickly ) press and release the volume button farthest from the top Power button.

3. Then, press and hold the top single sleep/wake/power button You will see the Slide to Power off button, but keep on holding down the power button until you see the Apple logo, then let it go.

Once you have performed all the steps, wait for a few seconds and your 2018-2022 iPad will boot up completely to the iPad’s Lock screen.

Tap, read and follow this Apple support link below.

Force restart iPad - Apple Support

Best of Luck to You!

The current update of IOS 17.0.2 is full of bugs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.