After Watch OS10 I can only get one face

I have recreated my watch faces, powered down phone and watch, hard reset watch. I can only view my default face. Suggestions?

Posted on Sep 28, 2023 5:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2023 5:21 PM

It’s because Apple has removed the ability to…you know… make things easier… instead, now you need to either 1. Press the watch face, hold, then while in edit mode, swipe to desired face, then press again. Or 2, go to your phone and into Watch App, and select desired watch face.

So much better eh? Lol.

Like why provide dozens of watch faces that take 3 extra steps to access them. Blows my mind.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2023 5:21 PM in response to cholla91

It’s because Apple has removed the ability to…you know… make things easier… instead, now you need to either 1. Press the watch face, hold, then while in edit mode, swipe to desired face, then press again. Or 2, go to your phone and into Watch App, and select desired watch face.

So much better eh? Lol.

Like why provide dozens of watch faces that take 3 extra steps to access them. Blows my mind.

Oct 9, 2023 9:57 AM in response to Ferd II

To be honest, I do not like this because I use 3 watch faces and swipe between then throughout the day.

Thank you for explaining the process to switch between faces. It is better than opening the watch app on my phone to swap the faces. However, I think this procedure is unnecessarily complicated for multiple swaps throughout the day. I understand that many, if not most, people pick one watch face and do not swap. But I believe that there are many who do swap faces. Hopefully, this process will be re-evaluated.

Oct 9, 2023 10:04 AM in response to marra8388

marra8388 wrote:

To be honest, I do not like this because I use 3 watch faces and swipe between then throughout the day.

The extra effort of a 1-second touch is not significant. To be fair, I am almost trained to expect this kind of confirmation action from my working contact with other equipment - enable action, do something, confirm (Are you sure?)

It seems likely Apple had a LOT of requests to make this change, either because users with accessibility needs found the unguarded swipe difficult, and/or because too many users were complaining about accidental swipes.

After Watch OS10 I can only get one face

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.