Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

trade in

I want to trade in my old iPad Mini 4 in addition to my iPad Mini 5 after receiving my new iPad Mini 6. I have received the trade in box for only the iPad Mini 5. Can I use the same provided box for the iPad Mini 4? If not, how do I trade in the iPad Mini 4?

iPad mini 6, iPadOS 17

Posted on Sep 28, 2023 6:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2023 6:30 AM

Only return the item, to which the existing trade-in relates, in the shipping box that has been provided. Anything else returned in the box will not be accepted - and may not be returned to you.

You can trade-in as many qualifying devices as you wish - either in-store at a physical Apple Store, or using the online trade-in process:

Apple Trade In - Apple

Each device is assessed its own right. If using the online trade-in, you will be sent a shipping kit for each device. Devices are returned, assessed and a credit value assigned. The trade-in value is returned to you by way of an Apple gift card for each device - and these can be used to purchase whatever you wish with Apple. 

If a trade-in is initiated during an online purchase, you will only be able to trade-in a single device for the transaction. Other devices mat still be independently eligible for trade-in, but these must be handled separately.

Many choose to complete their trade-in in-store - as doing so removes any uncertainty as to the trade-in value or acceptance.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2023 6:30 AM in response to ColonelDHC

Only return the item, to which the existing trade-in relates, in the shipping box that has been provided. Anything else returned in the box will not be accepted - and may not be returned to you.

You can trade-in as many qualifying devices as you wish - either in-store at a physical Apple Store, or using the online trade-in process:

Apple Trade In - Apple

Each device is assessed its own right. If using the online trade-in, you will be sent a shipping kit for each device. Devices are returned, assessed and a credit value assigned. The trade-in value is returned to you by way of an Apple gift card for each device - and these can be used to purchase whatever you wish with Apple. 

If a trade-in is initiated during an online purchase, you will only be able to trade-in a single device for the transaction. Other devices mat still be independently eligible for trade-in, but these must be handled separately.

Many choose to complete their trade-in in-store - as doing so removes any uncertainty as to the trade-in value or acceptance.

trade in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.