Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Insertion point color/Pages

Was the insertion point in Pages always orange? I never noticed and it never bothered me, but after upgrading to Sonoma yesterday it's become something that I would very much like to change. I see many options (accessibility, etc) for changing the mouse pointer size and color, but that's not what I need here. I just want to change the color of this one feature in this particular app. If it's not currently possible, I hope this customization is made available in future versions.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 14.0

Posted on Sep 28, 2023 6:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2023 8:15 AM

On Sonoma, the Insert point in Pages v13.2 assumes the color you have chosen for the Accent Color in System Settings : Appearance panel. Right now, mine is blue, but I changed to it red for amusement before making it blue again.

Apple's TextEdit application changes its insertion cursor color in the same manner, as does this community editor.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2023 8:15 AM in response to Rich Nichols

On Sonoma, the Insert point in Pages v13.2 assumes the color you have chosen for the Accent Color in System Settings : Appearance panel. Right now, mine is blue, but I changed to it red for amusement before making it blue again.

Apple's TextEdit application changes its insertion cursor color in the same manner, as does this community editor.

Insertion point color/Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.