How to uninstall Samsung Magician

In trying to get my Samsung T5 to work on my MacBook Air M2 I went down a route that ended up with me installing Samsung Magician. Does anyone know how to uninstall this? Also, has anyone found the key to having a T5 recognised by a modern Mac? Thanks.

Posted on Sep 28, 2023 7:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2023 11:38 AM

Right-click the 'Samsung Magician' alias in the applications folder and choose 'Show Original', Run 'CleanupAll.scpt'.

-OR if you deleted the alias in the Applications folder:

In the finder, Click the 'Go' menu, hold down the 'Option' key and click 'Library'.

Open the 'Application Support' folder, then the 'Samsung' folder, then the 'Samsung Magician' folder.

Run 'CleanupAll.scpt'.

21 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2023 11:38 AM in response to SaorAlba

Right-click the 'Samsung Magician' alias in the applications folder and choose 'Show Original', Run 'CleanupAll.scpt'.

-OR if you deleted the alias in the Applications folder:

In the finder, Click the 'Go' menu, hold down the 'Option' key and click 'Library'.

Open the 'Application Support' folder, then the 'Samsung' folder, then the 'Samsung Magician' folder.

Run 'CleanupAll.scpt'.

Mar 1, 2024 7:58 AM in response to SaorAlba

I have a T7 External device which did not update correctly with either software provided by Samsung for Mac on these devices. Shame!

Here's the result of the uninstall - the app didn't work correctly at all, anyway, but trashing the app did not remove it.

So, I guess this has worked (italics added for monotype formatting:

% sh ~/Library/'Application Support'/Samsung/'Samsung Magician'/SamsungMagician.app/Contents/Resources/CleanupMagician_Admin_Mac.sh

/Users/poe2/Library/Application Support/Samsung/Samsung Magician/SamsungMagician.app/Contents/Service/UninstallFIT: valid on disk

/Users/poe2/Library/Application Support/Samsung/Samsung Magician/SamsungMagician.app/Contents/Service/UninstallFIT: satisfies its Designated Requirement

Executing: /usr/bin/kmutil unload -p /Library/Extensions/SamsungMagicianPSSDDriver.kext

Error Domain=KMErrorDomain Code=71 "Kernel request failed: (libkern/kext) kext is in use or retained (cannot unload) (-603946984)" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Kernel request failed: (libkern/kext) kext is in use or retained (cannot unload) (-603946984)}

Executing: /usr/bin/kmutil unload -p /Library/Extensions/SamsungMagicianPSSDDriverX.kext

No receipt for 'com.samsung.magicianpssd.driverpkg' found at '/'.

No receipt for 'com.samsung.magicianpssd.driverXpkg' found at '/'.

Executing: /usr/bin/kmutil install --volume-root /

kmutil rebuild done

Forgot package 'com.samsung.magician.softwarepkg' on '/'.

Forgot package 'com.samsung.magician.svc' on '/'.

I had similar experience with a different Samsung device noted above... Thanks for the help!! OP follows.

SaorAlba wrote:

In trying to get my Samsung T5 to work on my MacBook Air M2 I went down a route that ended up with me installing Samsung Magician. Does anyone know how to uninstall this? Also, has anyone found the key to having a T5 recognised by a modern Mac? Thanks.

How to uninstall Samsung Magician

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.