How to get MP3s to play on my iPhone? (September 2023)

Hi all,

This has been beating me up for a few days now... I've tried a few things, but it just isn't working.

I have an M2 MacBook Pro with MacOS Sonoma 14.0 as well as an iPhone 15 Pro with iOS 17.0.2. I also have an active Apple Music subscription and use Cloud Music Library across my devices so everything syncs up nicely.

I have some language learning courses that I bought as MP3s which I use via the Music App on my MacBook. However, they do not appear in the Music App on my phone because of the Cloud Music Library. I tried Airdropping them to my iPhone from my Mac, but cannot find them anywhere on the iPhone. Was hoping they'd be in the Files App.

I watched this YouTube video, however, this doesn't work for me because I use Cloud Music Library (see image below).

So, I figured I would try and sync the MP3s to my Cloud Music Library as this video suggests, but it seems Apple has removed this feature.

All other guides I've seen online require you to download third party apps on both your Mac and iPhone. They also heavily rely on in-App purchases. That solution sucks, so I'm hoping and wondering if there is a way to get these to play in my Music App on my iPhone while also being an Apple Music subscriber with Cloud Music Library enabled. Even having them play on the Files App is fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Sep 28, 2023 8:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2023 8:48 PM

Hello.

I see your problem and i think that files are the best option. If you can’t find your mp3s try searching on the files app search bar. If you still can’t find your files i suggest to use iCloud files or iMessage to save to files manually. You can dip this bun just simply sending a message to your self with the file included.

If you have a PC Try and drop the mp3s to your iTunes app and sync it. The mp3s will appear on your iPhones music app.

To read more on how to transfer the files with AirDrop read How to use AirDrop on your iPhone or iPad.

If there anymore questions please let me know!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2023 8:48 PM in response to LuckyHit

Hello.

I see your problem and i think that files are the best option. If you can’t find your mp3s try searching on the files app search bar. If you still can’t find your files i suggest to use iCloud files or iMessage to save to files manually. You can dip this bun just simply sending a message to your self with the file included.

If you have a PC Try and drop the mp3s to your iTunes app and sync it. The mp3s will appear on your iPhones music app.

To read more on how to transfer the files with AirDrop read How to use AirDrop on your iPhone or iPad.

If there anymore questions please let me know!

How to get MP3s to play on my iPhone? (September 2023)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.