iPhone 15Pro HOT HOT HOT Charging stops

My 15Pro gets hot as it is charging and shuts down charging. Has anyone heard what Apple is doing to fix this???

Posted on Sep 28, 2023 10:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2023 10:53 PM

Dmreese1 Said:

"iPhone 15Pro HOT HOT HOT Charging stops: My 15Pro gets hot as it is charging and shuts down charging. Has anyone heard what Apple is doing to fix this???"

-------

You are not the first to have reported this.

Troubleshooting an Overheating iPhone:

There are likely too many processes taking place. So, power off the phone, to let it cool, and then try clearing space. Have you recently filled you iPhone storage? Having low available storage can most certainly case overheating. process are likely taken up

Perform the following:

I. Cool Down the iPhone:

For a few hours, perform the following...

• Power Off: the iPhone for a bit
  • Unplug: any Cables
  • Place it Atop: Laptop Cooler
  • Keep it in: an open space
  • Keep it Out of: direct sunlight

then...

2. Clear Space Using my User Tips:

See if you need to clear lots of space. System resources may be using up too much services, making it overheat. Internal storage cannot be upgraded. It is what it is. So, the maximum internal storage capacity never increases, even if you upgraded your iCloud plan. Learn More here: What's the Difference Between Device Storage and iCloud Storage? Apple Support

So, what to do...

Clear Space, Using my User Tips:

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2023 10:53 PM in response to Dmreese1

Dmreese1 Said:

"iPhone 15Pro HOT HOT HOT Charging stops: My 15Pro gets hot as it is charging and shuts down charging. Has anyone heard what Apple is doing to fix this???"

-------

You are not the first to have reported this.

Troubleshooting an Overheating iPhone:

There are likely too many processes taking place. So, power off the phone, to let it cool, and then try clearing space. Have you recently filled you iPhone storage? Having low available storage can most certainly case overheating. process are likely taken up

Perform the following:

I. Cool Down the iPhone:

For a few hours, perform the following...

• Power Off: the iPhone for a bit
  • Unplug: any Cables
  • Place it Atop: Laptop Cooler
  • Keep it in: an open space
  • Keep it Out of: direct sunlight

then...

2. Clear Space Using my User Tips:

See if you need to clear lots of space. System resources may be using up too much services, making it overheat. Internal storage cannot be upgraded. It is what it is. So, the maximum internal storage capacity never increases, even if you upgraded your iCloud plan. Learn More here: What's the Difference Between Device Storage and iCloud Storage? Apple Support

So, what to do...

Clear Space, Using my User Tips:

Oct 1, 2023 11:04 PM in response to TheLittles

I also have the 15 Pro and in the last 2 days my phone gets extremely hot when making calls. The call will last about 2 minutes before the heat is so intense that I either ended the call or had the put the phone down because the feeling was so uncomfortable. This is just terrible and this needs to be corrected ASAP.

Apple-what are you going to do about this for customers like myself?

iPhone 15Pro HOT HOT HOT Charging stops

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.