Apple keeps trying to charge me 39.99 and I don’t know why

What else can I tell you. Apple keeps trying to charge my card for 39.99 I want it to stop I do not know what the charge is even for but I want it cancelled. Please

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 29, 2023 2:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2023 3:43 AM

If you didn’t buy a phone or device recently in that case that can be an in app purchase/subscription.

On your device, go to “Settings”, click on the “Account/ Name “ on the top and click on “Subscriptions “.

It’s gonna show you what services are you subscribed with your apple account . Active and inactive subscriptions and you can cancel it from there.

[Edited by Moderator]

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2023 3:43 AM in response to bat277

If you didn’t buy a phone or device recently in that case that can be an in app purchase/subscription.

On your device, go to “Settings”, click on the “Account/ Name “ on the top and click on “Subscriptions “.

It’s gonna show you what services are you subscribed with your apple account . Active and inactive subscriptions and you can cancel it from there.

[Edited by Moderator]

Jun 23, 2024 1:27 PM in response to octavius32

After 30 minutes of trying to figure out how to stop the $39.99 charge that I knew nothing about, I came across this thread, went to apple.com/bill and was able to successfully request a refund for the $39.99 charge which I now know is for "Tinder Gold. This was my sons purchase, apparently if a family member doesn't have enough on their linked card to pay for a subscription it charges the card of the "family organizer".

I suggest people take a look. After a little research (and a calculator), I discovered that my sons 5 charges in the last 3 months, have been charged to me totaling $82.95 and my daughters 21 charges since April which were also charged to me, totaled $171.79

Apple keeps trying to charge me 39.99 and I don’t know why

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.