Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Apple Watch 9 screen flicker when raise to wake

Sometimes when I raise my wrist, my Apple Watch 9 flickers once as it wakes up. This seems to be a recurring problem with Apple Watches. Search on “Apple Watch 6 screen flicker when raise to wake” and you’ll see this problem persisted throughout all of watchOS 7 and was only fixed with watchOS 8.

Anyone else having this issue?

Posted on Sep 29, 2023 8:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2023 4:10 PM

It's not just you. Series 9 on 10.0.2 here, I'm experiencing the same issue. Split second of screen flickering when raising to wake from AOD. It only happens sometimes, but enough to the point that it bugs me.

I submitted a bug report at Product Feedback - Apple, I encourage you to do the same. Hoping a fix comes soon.

3 replies

Nov 17, 2023 7:30 PM in response to _brendin_

I have the same experience. You roll your arm up and all of a sudden it has that flicker. Or your arm steady and you just move it slightly and you get the flicker. My series 9 is brand new and I thought it was defective hardware wise. So in the sense I’m happy that it’s a software problem instead of having to send the watch itself back. Pretty sick to be happy and that way I suppose but oh well. I’m

Apple Watch 9 screen flicker when raise to wake

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.