Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Verify Credit Card for Wallet

Is it true that I must call my Bank to get my credit card verified? I have an iPhone SE ... my bank is in Hong Kong ... and uses atrocious English in their Automatic bot phone directions

iPhone SE (3rd generation)

Posted on Sep 29, 2023 11:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2023 11:59 AM

OK, so it’s your bank that verifies the card/account is yours. Apple just sends data to your banks server (or 3rd party verification service) and your bank sends the request for verification via phone. There is nothing Apple can do. Apple can’t alter your bank’s requirements.

If you look on the back of the card, is there another number you can call and try to verify your account?

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2023 11:59 AM in response to jimboclare

OK, so it’s your bank that verifies the card/account is yours. Apple just sends data to your banks server (or 3rd party verification service) and your bank sends the request for verification via phone. There is nothing Apple can do. Apple can’t alter your bank’s requirements.

If you look on the back of the card, is there another number you can call and try to verify your account?

Sep 29, 2023 11:43 AM in response to Jeff Donald

My brand new iPhone SE third generation itself is asking me (in the Wallet app) to verify my credit card. The ONLY option it gives me is to call my bank. OK fine. So I did and of course got connected to the bank's automatic answering system. My credit card is with Bank of China. In Hong Kong. A place which uses often-unintelligible English. So I'm asking ... is there another way to verify? (Trust me, if you haven't tried to speak English in Hong Kong, you won't know how bad that can be.) Don't know what else to tell you. Thanks for your reply.

Sep 29, 2023 3:20 PM in response to jimboclare

Re: “… The app did indeed pick the contact method; returning only one option … “

The Wallet app is simply “displaying” the verification info info provided by the issuer of the credit card.

Once you’ve reached this point of the card provisioning process, Apple’s “piece” is done; everything remaining is between you, the issuer, and - in this case - the Visa network.

Feb 28, 2024 6:37 AM in response to TiffanyMarie91

I am having the same problem with Webster looking for the verification process. I am not sure why the switched from Visa to Mastercard, but everything worked fine with Visa, and why is it taking them so long to get this resolved. I am considering leaving Webster over this with all of the issued I have had with Webster in the last 6 months and now this. I will probably head to Chase once I can get direct deposit moved to another card.

How to Verify Credit Card for Wallet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.