my apple watch wont unpair, and the activation lock is on so I cant reset and erase it.

I just got a new iPhone 15 and I went thru the whole transfer data thing and tried to set up my apple watch, but it stalled out during the process, and now my watch is paired to my old phone, but I cant seem to get the old phone to unpair the watch, and I cant get the new phone to pair the watch. I dont dare reset the watch because it still has the activation lock on it so it will be toast if I reset. HELP!

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 9

Posted on Sep 29, 2023 4:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 9:43 AM

Hello jchastn,

It looks like you've had the opportunity to review the details in the related article above: If you can't pair an Apple Watch with your iPhone - Apple Support

At this point the only remaining option would be to erase or reset your Apple Watch.

If you are unable to remember the password for your iCloud account, you can reset it using the guidance from this resource: If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

You may also be able to request that the Activation Lock be removed using the link from the last section of this resource: How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

Hopefully that helps to clarify your options.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2023 9:43 AM in response to jchastn

Hello jchastn,

It looks like you've had the opportunity to review the details in the related article above: If you can't pair an Apple Watch with your iPhone - Apple Support

At this point the only remaining option would be to erase or reset your Apple Watch.

If you are unable to remember the password for your iCloud account, you can reset it using the guidance from this resource: If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

You may also be able to request that the Activation Lock be removed using the link from the last section of this resource: How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

Hopefully that helps to clarify your options.

Take care.

my apple watch wont unpair, and the activation lock is on so I cant reset and erase it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.