Coming soon: Apple Event on 9/9 at 10 a.m. PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mini with non Apple monitor?

I am considering replacing my 2015 iMac with a Mac mini (M2), but do not want to pay $1600 for the Apple monitor. Any thoughts on say an HP or LG monitor?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Sep 29, 2023 9:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2023 2:34 AM

think the majority of mac mini owners use non apple monitors otherwise it would not really be the "cheap" option to get a mac

my mac mini 2012 is connected by thunderbolt to dvi adapter to an old 17" samsung monitor from 2005 or something

and my my 27" asus monitor using a hdmi to dvi adapter

also used a 24" dell monitor

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 30, 2023 2:34 AM in response to BlownItem

think the majority of mac mini owners use non apple monitors otherwise it would not really be the "cheap" option to get a mac

my mac mini 2012 is connected by thunderbolt to dvi adapter to an old 17" samsung monitor from 2005 or something

and my my 27" asus monitor using a hdmi to dvi adapter

also used a 24" dell monitor

Sep 30, 2023 6:19 AM in response to BlownItem

I currently use an LG 27UP600 27", 4k, HDR400 display without any issue. It is the "base" model of that years line (and is still available) and doesn't have the bells and whistles of the "higher" models but has the same display panel and display performance. It can generally be had for under $400 and is currently on sale at BestBuy for $229!

Despite the price, it has a high quality display panel but doesn't have the refresh rate for the high end gamer but is well suited for general use and even photographic and movie editing.

Mini with non Apple monitor?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.