Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Notify when left behind Issue on AirPods Pro 2

Hello,

Notify when left behind for my AirPods Pro 2 doesn’t work on my iPhone 11 running iOS 17.0.2 official release.

Notifications for FindMy is on and I do have the notify when left behind for my M2 MacBook.

AirPods Pro is up to date.

Any tips to get this working?

Posted on Sep 30, 2023 12:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 10:27 AM

Hi there tierno256,

You need an iPhone 12 or later in order to use Notify When Left Behind with AirPods Pro. It's expected that this feature won't work with an iPhone 11:

You can use Notify When Left Behind on an iPhone with iOS 15 or later, iPad with iPadOS 15 or later, Mac with Apple Silicon, and with Find My items. For AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, and AirPods (3rd generation), you need an iPhone 12 or later. 

Learn more here: Set up and use Notify When Left Behind in the Find My app - Apple Support

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2023 10:27 AM in response to tierno256

Hi there tierno256,

You need an iPhone 12 or later in order to use Notify When Left Behind with AirPods Pro. It's expected that this feature won't work with an iPhone 11:

You can use Notify When Left Behind on an iPhone with iOS 15 or later, iPad with iPadOS 15 or later, Mac with Apple Silicon, and with Find My items. For AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, and AirPods (3rd generation), you need an iPhone 12 or later. 

Learn more here: Set up and use Notify When Left Behind in the Find My app - Apple Support

Take care.

Notify when left behind Issue on AirPods Pro 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.