I want my watch to vibrate only and my phone to display badges only...

I've had my iPhone 14 Pro Max since it came out and recently got an Apple Watch Series 9 to accompany it.

I've been trying to customise Notifications and Sounds & Haptics settings on both devices, but I can't get it to work the way I want...

I'd like my Apple Watch Series 9 to only vibrate and my iPhone 14 Pro Max to only display badges:

On the Apple Watch Series 9, there would be no sound or visual display of notifications - only haptics when a notification is received 📳

On the iPhone 14 Pro Max, there would be no sound, haptics or visual display of notifications - only badges when I unlock the device 🔴

Is this set-up possible?

If not, it would be great to hear how I could get as close to this set-up as possible - for context, if this comes across as an unusual set-up, I'm neurodivergent and appreciate simplification 😅

Thanks 🙏🏽

Posted on Sep 30, 2023 2:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 10:59 AM

Hi lwttjrms,

The options for customizing your notifications can be found here: Notifications on your Apple Watch

Keep in mind the following:

• Notifications appear on your Apple Watch or iPhone, but not both.
• If your iPhone is unlocked, you get notifications on your iPhone instead of your Apple Watch.
• If your iPhone is locked or asleep, you get notifications on your Apple Watch, unless your Apple Watch is locked.

If you’d like to have this reviewed by the appropriate teams at Apple, submit your feedback here: Product Feedback

Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2023 10:59 AM in response to lwttjrms

Hi lwttjrms,

The options for customizing your notifications can be found here: Notifications on your Apple Watch

Keep in mind the following:

• Notifications appear on your Apple Watch or iPhone, but not both.
• If your iPhone is unlocked, you get notifications on your iPhone instead of your Apple Watch.
• If your iPhone is locked or asleep, you get notifications on your Apple Watch, unless your Apple Watch is locked.

If you’d like to have this reviewed by the appropriate teams at Apple, submit your feedback here: Product Feedback

Regards.

I want my watch to vibrate only and my phone to display badges only...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.