Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Can’t adjust volume of music downloaded to Apple Watch.

When my Apple watch (6, 10.01) is not connected to the iPhone (13, 17.0.2), I use music downloaded to the watch eg. when running but I cannot change the volume either from Digital Crown or haptics menu. The slider turns green and moves up and down but no change. It works fine in every other situation.

Apple Watch Series 6

Posted on Sep 30, 2023 5:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 12:13 PM

Hi Pyrrhus0,

If you haven't done so yet, restart your Apple Watch. This may seem like a simple step, but restarting can often fix unexpected behavior: Restart Apple Watch

Turn off your Apple Watch: Press and hold the side button until the sliders appear, tap the Power Button, then drag the Power Off slider to the right.
Turn on your Apple Watch: Hold down the side button until the Apple logo appears.

If the issue continues, reply with the answers to these questions for more help:

• Are you using AirPods or other earphones when this occurs?
  • Has the volume ever worked as expected? If so, do you recall anything that changed before this issue began?

Regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2023 12:13 PM in response to Pyrrhus0

Hi Pyrrhus0,

If you haven't done so yet, restart your Apple Watch. This may seem like a simple step, but restarting can often fix unexpected behavior: Restart Apple Watch

Turn off your Apple Watch: Press and hold the side button until the sliders appear, tap the Power Button, then drag the Power Off slider to the right.
Turn on your Apple Watch: Hold down the side button until the Apple logo appears.

If the issue continues, reply with the answers to these questions for more help:

• Are you using AirPods or other earphones when this occurs?
  • Has the volume ever worked as expected? If so, do you recall anything that changed before this issue began?

Regards.

Can’t adjust volume of music downloaded to Apple Watch.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.