I am getting spam invites to my iPhone Calendar

I am getting spam invites to my iphone calendar. They will not delete - when I try, they simply reappear a second later. There is no unsubscribe button available. I went into the settings/calendar and can't find any subscribed calendars. Other ideas?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 30, 2023 6:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2023 10:43 AM

I have the same issue with iOS 17 and this option where someone can just drop a calendar invite to my calendar and me having to delete that invite seems ridiculous from a technical standpoint for Apple. There should be some setting with iOS 17 or future operating system rollouts that force that invite to go to my inbox and allow me to accept it or decline it there as opposed to declining it in my calendar. Keep in mind I don’t get these calendar invites when I use my Outlook calendar on my windows, PC. The real issue is your spam filter sucks and is not doing its job. And to have me go into each email that I get and mark it as junk is not helping at all. Apple needs to up their game when it comes to spam filtering!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2023 10:43 AM in response to timdifferent

I have the same issue with iOS 17 and this option where someone can just drop a calendar invite to my calendar and me having to delete that invite seems ridiculous from a technical standpoint for Apple. There should be some setting with iOS 17 or future operating system rollouts that force that invite to go to my inbox and allow me to accept it or decline it there as opposed to declining it in my calendar. Keep in mind I don’t get these calendar invites when I use my Outlook calendar on my windows, PC. The real issue is your spam filter sucks and is not doing its job. And to have me go into each email that I get and mark it as junk is not helping at all. Apple needs to up their game when it comes to spam filtering!

Sep 30, 2023 6:55 AM in response to akbec

Hi there,

Your post indicates that you are using an iPhone 6 running iOS 12. The steps for deleting spam calendars and events differ from more recent versions of iOS.

Try the following:

1. Open the Calendar app.
  2. At the bottom of the screen, tap Calendars.
  3. Look for a calendar that you don't recognize. Tap the More Info button  next to that calendar, then scroll down and tap Delete Calendar.

If this doesn't fix the issue, delete the calendar subscription in Settings:

1. Open the Settings app.
  2. Tap Calendar > Accounts. Or if you use iOS 13, tap Passwords & Accounts > Accounts instead.
  3. Tap Subscribed Calendars.
  4. Look for a calendar that you don't recognize. Tap it, then tap Delete Account.

I am getting spam invites to my iPhone Calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.