Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Trying to Backup to Time Machine

I open Time Machine, Bring up my Backup HD.

Initiate - "Back Up Now"

I get this message:

Some of the files on your Mac cannot be backed up until Cloud Files syncing has completed.

Have no idea what is still syncing for many hours.

How do I get around this issue?

Thanks, JRC

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 30, 2023 10:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2023 10:55 AM

See the following from Work with folders and files in iCloud Drive - Apple Support

Tip: You can quickly view the sync status of iCloud Drive on your Mac. Move the pointer over iCloud Drive in the Finder sidebar, then click the status or information icon.

Also note the iCloud Photos can take days for the first sync. If you have iCloud Photos turned on, you can check the sync status by opening the Photos app, click Library in the sidebar and scroll to the bottom,

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2023 10:55 AM in response to JRCorv

See the following from Work with folders and files in iCloud Drive - Apple Support

Tip: You can quickly view the sync status of iCloud Drive on your Mac. Move the pointer over iCloud Drive in the Finder sidebar, then click the status or information icon.

Also note the iCloud Photos can take days for the first sync. If you have iCloud Photos turned on, you can check the sync status by opening the Photos app, click Library in the sidebar and scroll to the bottom,

Trying to Backup to Time Machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.