Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Iphone 15 pro max Got hot and battery drop during a call

My iphone 15 pro max was at 99% when i started a call, but after few minutes on call it got extremely hot and battery percentage drops to 94%

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Sep 30, 2023 5:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2023 5:52 PM

balraj34 Said:

"Iphone 15 pro max Got hot and battery drop during a call: My iphone 15 pro max was at 99% when i started a call, but after few minutes on call it got extremely hot and battery percentage drops to 94%"

-------

Troubleshooting an Overheating iPhone:

Perform the following:

I. Cool Down the iPhone:

For a few hours, perform the following...

• Power Off: the iPhone for a bit
  • Unplug: any Cables
  • Place it Atop: Laptop Cooler
  • Keep it in: an open space
  • Keep it Out of: direct sunlight

then...

2. Clear Space Using my User Tips:

See if you need to clear lots of space. System resources may be using up too much services, making it overheat. Internal storage cannot be upgraded. It is what it is. So, the maximum internal storage capacity never increases, even if you upgraded your iCloud plan. Learn More here: What's the Difference Between Device Storage and iCloud Storage? Apple Support

So, what to do...

Clear Space, Using my User Tips:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2023 5:52 PM in response to balraj34

balraj34 Said:

"Iphone 15 pro max Got hot and battery drop during a call: My iphone 15 pro max was at 99% when i started a call, but after few minutes on call it got extremely hot and battery percentage drops to 94%"

-------

Troubleshooting an Overheating iPhone:

Perform the following:

I. Cool Down the iPhone:

For a few hours, perform the following...

• Power Off: the iPhone for a bit
  • Unplug: any Cables
  • Place it Atop: Laptop Cooler
  • Keep it in: an open space
  • Keep it Out of: direct sunlight

then...

2. Clear Space Using my User Tips:

See if you need to clear lots of space. System resources may be using up too much services, making it overheat. Internal storage cannot be upgraded. It is what it is. So, the maximum internal storage capacity never increases, even if you upgraded your iCloud plan. Learn More here: What's the Difference Between Device Storage and iCloud Storage? Apple Support

So, what to do...

Clear Space, Using my User Tips:

Iphone 15 pro max Got hot and battery drop during a call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.