Making a sticker on photos: iPadOS 17

Hi! I checked out the new update and wanted to try out the sticker feature for messages. However, when I try to long press on a photo in full screen on the photo app, nothing happens. Also, when I go into messages, there is no stickers tab after you tap the stickers feature, so I can’t create any there either. My iPad is fully updated to IOS 17, so I’m not sure what the problem is. (Everything else in the update seems to be working ok at the moment.)

Posted on Sep 30, 2023 5:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2023 6:50 AM

Creation of stickers from photos is reliant upon functionality for lifting a subject from the background of a photo - this relatively new feature being available to a limited range of iPad models.

iPad models that support Live Text, Visual Look Up, and lifting a subject from the background are:

• iPad mini (5th generation and later)
  • iPad (9th generation and later)
  • iPad Air (3rd generation and later)
  • iPad Pro 11-inch (all generations)
  • iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation and later)

As such, while many more models of iPad support iPadOS17, creation of stickers from photos and screenshots is not necessarily available.

Lift a subject from the photo background on iPad - Apple Support

Make stickers from your photos on iPad - Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2023 6:50 AM in response to roasted_2682

Creation of stickers from photos is reliant upon functionality for lifting a subject from the background of a photo - this relatively new feature being available to a limited range of iPad models.

iPad models that support Live Text, Visual Look Up, and lifting a subject from the background are:

• iPad mini (5th generation and later)
  • iPad (9th generation and later)
  • iPad Air (3rd generation and later)
  • iPad Pro 11-inch (all generations)
  • iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation and later)

As such, while many more models of iPad support iPadOS17, creation of stickers from photos and screenshots is not necessarily available.

Lift a subject from the photo background on iPad - Apple Support

Make stickers from your photos on iPad - Apple Support

Making a sticker on photos: iPadOS 17

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.