Should I leave my MacBook Air (M2) plugged in all the time?

Should I leave my MacBook Air (M2) plugged in whenever it's possible to avoid running battery cycles and in that way protect the battery?

Posted on Sep 30, 2023 6:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2023 6:37 PM

You can leave the computer plugged in whenever necessary or convenient to do so. Leaving it plugged in will not damage the computer or the battery. An advantage of leaving it plugged in is it reduces the rate of accumulation of battery cycles.

Change Battery settings on a Mac laptop - Apple Support

Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2023 6:37 PM in response to BeckT123

You can leave the computer plugged in whenever necessary or convenient to do so. Leaving it plugged in will not damage the computer or the battery. An advantage of leaving it plugged in is it reduces the rate of accumulation of battery cycles.

Change Battery settings on a Mac laptop - Apple Support

Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

Sep 30, 2023 6:29 PM in response to BeckT123

BeckT123 Said:

"Should I leave my MacBook Air (M2) plugged in whenever it's possible to avoid running battery cycles and in that way protect the battery?"

-------

Leaving a MacBook Air (M2) Plugged in:

No. I recommend not doing that. Place it in safe a location, when you are away for the day. Whenever plugged in, use a surge protector to protect from power serges or power spurs(typically resulting from lighting strikes and transformer blows).

Should I leave my MacBook Air (M2) plugged in all the time?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.