Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

which antivirus software should i download for iphone 13 , ios 17.0.2?

Should I use any antivirus software for my iPhone 13 having ios 17.0.2? If yes, please suggest few names. It will be good if software is free of cost. Thanks

Posted on Oct 1, 2023 4:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2023 8:11 AM

What you need is built in.

For details, see page 98 and following:

https://help.apple.com/pdf/security/en_US/apple-platform-security-guide.pdf

For how many folks get in trouble (and that might not be how you think it happens), start here:

Personal Safety User Guide - Apple Support

Safety Check and the checklists there can be useful.

We ourselves (and not our devices) are increasingly the target for the scams. Stay on current iOS versions. Use unique and robust passwords. Enable two-factor authentication. Do not re-use passwords.

Avoid add-on security apps, and add-on first-few-hops VPN client apps, as those can either introduce vulnerabilities, or can themselves be privacy disasters, and that particularly (but not limited to) the free stuff. (Some of the better known add-on anti-malware apps on Apple platforms were caught selling your browsing and purchasing activity.)

If a first-few-hops VPN is interesting for privacy, look seriously at switching to iCloud+ Private Relay and its ODoH DNS.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2023 8:11 AM in response to ghanshyam180

What you need is built in.

For details, see page 98 and following:

https://help.apple.com/pdf/security/en_US/apple-platform-security-guide.pdf

For how many folks get in trouble (and that might not be how you think it happens), start here:

Personal Safety User Guide - Apple Support

Safety Check and the checklists there can be useful.

We ourselves (and not our devices) are increasingly the target for the scams. Stay on current iOS versions. Use unique and robust passwords. Enable two-factor authentication. Do not re-use passwords.

Avoid add-on security apps, and add-on first-few-hops VPN client apps, as those can either introduce vulnerabilities, or can themselves be privacy disasters, and that particularly (but not limited to) the free stuff. (Some of the better known add-on anti-malware apps on Apple platforms were caught selling your browsing and purchasing activity.)

If a first-few-hops VPN is interesting for privacy, look seriously at switching to iCloud+ Private Relay and its ODoH DNS.

which antivirus software should i download for iphone 13 , ios 17.0.2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.