How do I make it where I don’t have to put my password in when I want to get a new app from AppStore

I don’t want to have to put my password in when I want to get a new app how can I remove this feature

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 1, 2023 12:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2023 4:24 PM

You are limited to using your account without entering a password. You can only set this up for Free apps/games.

Otherwise, you can set a time period for how often you have to enter your password.

Require a password for App Store and iTunes purchases - Apple Support

M1 Mac mini, macOS 13.5.2;  Watch, series 7 GPS/cellular, watchOS 10.0.1; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 17.0.1; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 17.0.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 17; HomePods, audioOS 17 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2023 4:24 PM in response to Passwordremovalfordownloads

You are limited to using your account without entering a password. You can only set this up for Free apps/games.

Otherwise, you can set a time period for how often you have to enter your password.

Require a password for App Store and iTunes purchases - Apple Support

M1 Mac mini, macOS 13.5.2;  Watch, series 7 GPS/cellular, watchOS 10.0.1; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 17.0.1; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 17.0.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 17; HomePods, audioOS 17 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

How do I make it where I don’t have to put my password in when I want to get a new app from AppStore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.