Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove an unwanted calendar invitation on my iPhone?

I received both an email and an invitation into my inbox of my calendar “Alert Trojan Detected” the calendar selected doesn’t have a delete option like all my other calendars. There is no option through accounts. How do I delete this?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6s, iOS 12

Posted on Oct 1, 2023 1:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2023 3:48 PM

Same problem for me - all of a sudden my iPhone calendar was showing all day entries from 1st Nov to 27th Dec for this; unable to decline invitation or delete etc.

After going thru settings > Calendar > accounts, noticed that my outlook account (for which I use for email) was also set (via the green button) to sync outlook calendar. I deselected this option (but left email still active) & okayed warning from iPhone that it would delete the outlook calendar entries and lo & behold the suspicious entries have now disappeared from iPhone calendar! Never use outlook calendar anyway - only always the iPhone calendar so no loss not to synch with outlook. And it certainly seems to have sorted issue. Looks like problem is with outlook….

36 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2023 3:48 PM in response to Crafty42

Same problem for me - all of a sudden my iPhone calendar was showing all day entries from 1st Nov to 27th Dec for this; unable to decline invitation or delete etc.

After going thru settings > Calendar > accounts, noticed that my outlook account (for which I use for email) was also set (via the green button) to sync outlook calendar. I deselected this option (but left email still active) & okayed warning from iPhone that it would delete the outlook calendar entries and lo & behold the suspicious entries have now disappeared from iPhone calendar! Never use outlook calendar anyway - only always the iPhone calendar so no loss not to synch with outlook. And it certainly seems to have sorted issue. Looks like problem is with outlook….

Jan 23, 2024 6:39 AM in response to HelpMeNowPlease01

On my slightly older iPhone 8, I can long press the event, select “cut” from the menu that pops up, and then just close the calendar app. (Don’t paste the event anywhere)

The event is still on your “clipboard”, so I go long press and copy something else on notepad or wherever to replace the event in my clipboard, deleting the event without interaction with it in any other way.

Works for me every time so far.

Dec 13, 2023 9:15 AM in response to HelpMeNowPlease01

So I have had to deal with this nuisance twice. Best thing that I have found for a temporary fix until they send another spam invite is to remove your Outlook calendar from your iPhone in your iPhone's settings. Delete the spam invite in your Outlook email and then add the calendar back to your iPhone. Good luck! MicroSoft really should fix this!

Oct 28, 2023 11:36 AM in response to HelpMeNowPlease01

I'm having this too. It shows it's from my Hotmail Calendar. I go to hotmail calendar in web browser and there is no event. I can't find anything relating to an email for "ALERT! Trojan DETECTED" event. I cannot decline the calendar entry and the only way to remove it so far is to disable my hotmail/outlook calendar, which I obviously would not want to do. I tried updating to iOS17 to see if that helped and still nothing.

Nov 26, 2023 10:47 AM in response to Jonotinx

I’m afflicted by the same issue.

Yes, deselecting the Outlook calendar removes the invitation from the iPhone, albeit at the expense of not being able to use my Outlook calendar with the iPhone.

The most bizarre thing I noticed, however, is that my Outlook calendar shows no such event or invitation. 🤷

Someone is VERY insidious.

Nov 24, 2023 2:23 PM in response to halvard176

All you're doing from the above is not synching your outlook calendar onto your iphone. So the outlook calendar and entries will still be available via outlook / hotmail. un-synching outlook from the iphone seemed to work ok for me & solved issue. Guess you can then go into outlook calendar via hotmail etc and try to delete the entries directly from your outlook calendar. Once / if you've done this, then you can also reconnect your outlook calendar to your iphone to re-synch the calendars again. Although as I dont use my Outlook calendar, I haven't bothered with this step - just simply disconnected it from synching with Iphone & it has cured the problem. So from this, I assume this issue lies somewhere within Outlook / Hotmal?

Oct 3, 2023 8:32 AM in response to HelpMeNowPlease01

Hi HelpMeNowPlease01,

Thanks for contacting Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you need some help to remove a spam calendar invite.

Check out this resource which will show you how to remove a spam calendar invite: Delete spam calendars and events on iPhone - Apple Support

"How to remove calendar spam on your iPhone in earlier versions of iOS

1. Open the Calendar app.
  2. At the bottom of the screen, tap Calendars.
  3. Look for a calendar that you don't recognize. Tap the More Info button  next to that calendar, then scroll down and tap Delete Calendar.

If this doesn't fix the issue, delete the calendar subscription in Settings:

1. Open the Settings app.
  2. Tap Calendar > Accounts. Or if you use iOS 13, tap Passwords & Accounts > Accounts instead.
  3. Tap Subscribed Calendars.
  4. Look for a calendar that you don't recognize. Tap it, then tap Delete Account."

We hope this helps you.

Cheers!

Dec 20, 2023 3:08 PM in response to HelpMeNowPlease01

I’ve noticed this happens when I check my junk mail on the outlook app on my iPhone. These phishing events get added and I can’t delete them even if I decline they pop back up.

However I have found a solution. When you untick the calendar yes you can’t see the events anymore but you also can’t see the events you had on this calendar. If things your main calendar then this is a problem. Sign out of Hotmail on your outlook calendar on your iPhone. Sign into Hotmail on desktop. Go to your calendar you will see the annoying unwanted events. Delete or decline them from here and they will disappear. Now sign back in on your iPhone through the outlook app and they should have gone.

Feb 15, 2024 1:53 PM in response to Casperarizona

I had an unusual calendar invitation sent this morning that was spam, but in my foggy morning mind, I declined it instead of not touching it at all. I immediately changed all pw's on all accounts I have, but I couldn't figure out how to delete the calendar invite. When I opened it on my iCal app, there was no delete button. So, I did what @casperarizona recommended and deleted the calendar from my iPhone then it went away, I found this through a google search. Thank goodness, no harm was done. I was able to add the calendar app back on and the invite was gone.

How to remove an unwanted calendar invitation on my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.