Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Battery draining fast on iPhone 15 Pro

Second day with the phone and had to charge it twice today and it’s back down to 19% after normal use…No apps running on background or extended use, battery health at 100% 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 1, 2023 3:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2024 4:04 AM

I know people have a lot of complaints regarding battery draining, but here is a thing, there are alot of features that are turned on which you wont notice but they keep running in background and causes battery drainage. These can include location services, tracking apps, incase there are many more. I will suggest you to read this guide: 7 Proven Steps to fix iPhone 15 Pro Battery Drain Issue, and apply tweaks mentioned here. I hope this will reduce battery drainage.

316 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2024 4:04 AM in response to ThyTheGreat

I know people have a lot of complaints regarding battery draining, but here is a thing, there are alot of features that are turned on which you wont notice but they keep running in background and causes battery drainage. These can include location services, tracking apps, incase there are many more. I will suggest you to read this guide: 7 Proven Steps to fix iPhone 15 Pro Battery Drain Issue, and apply tweaks mentioned here. I hope this will reduce battery drainage.

Oct 24, 2023 12:49 AM in response to ThyTheGreat

This is nth iPhone and I never had this battery drain issue with all my other previous iPhones despite being new and having all these background optimization processes. I am thoroughly disappointed in the battery of the 15 Pro. I do hope that it is just a software issue, in which case I hope that a fix is done immediately, and not an issue with the battery hardware itself. I am using a 2-day-old iPhone 15 Pro whose battery capacity is similar to my 4-year-old iPhone 11. It makes me dread how much worse the battery capacity of the 15 Pro will get over time. For what I paid for this device, I expect more. PLEASE FIX THIS, APPLE!

Nov 6, 2023 3:23 PM in response to ThyTheGreat

Hey everybody. My Iphone 15 Pro is basically brand new. 3 days old.

Today I took it off the charger at 8am fully charged and it was at 17% at 2pm.

By reading online, countless posts and blogs, it looks like its endemic to the new Iphones.

This is mind blowing. I am afraid this is no software issue but likely hardware. Did anyone address the topic with Apple Support yet?

Are they recognising the issue officially?

Oct 7, 2023 2:01 AM in response to ThyTheGreat

I’ve had my iPhone 15 pro 2 weeks and the battery drain is getting worse. Even on WiFi at home after 90mins off the charger my battery is down to 80%. It doesn’t matter if I’m using the phone or not. And the drain continues until I have to charge the device by 4pm. Only way I’ve been able to slow the drain is by putting my phone in LTE data mode.

Oct 29, 2023 1:19 PM in response to ThyTheGreat

Hello, what's goin on Apple? I have my 15 Pro for about 2 weeks and can't use it for a whole day because of the battery. My 14 is better with battery - charged this morning and now it has 47%. My 15 Pro charged this morning and now I needed to charge again because of 17%. 14 is used all the time with fb, ig and other apps. The 15 Pro is not used because idk if I will have the battery till evening XDDD

Dec 7, 2023 4:39 PM in response to ThyTheGreat

i got the iphone 15 less than a week ago and yesterday my phone drained 30-40% when it was not being used. i did some investigating and found the phone has a feature enabled which allows it to be located in find my even when switched off. i'm personally not a fan of the sound of that so i would've turned it off for security reasons anyway but it seems to have fixed the battery issues. hope this helps anyone.

Nov 28, 2023 11:32 AM in response to aig3211

Hello,

After finally getting to speak to a Senior Advisor at Apple Support my problem has been escalated to Apple Engineering and apparently they are still looking into it.

They ran A LOT of diagnostics and the advisor conceded that the battery drain I was experiencing was not right.

I’ve got a callback booked for next week. If there’s any news I’ll add a comment here.

Dec 10, 2023 9:30 AM in response to ThyTheGreat

I bought my first iPhone 15 pro max 2 weeks ago and the battery was dying ridiculously fast. I figure it was just the phone and turned it in to get a new one and same thing. This issue is BS and needs to be fixed. These phones are so expensive for them not to last the whole day. I don’t even use my phone. It has gone down 5% just being in my pocket while I am at work.

Nov 6, 2023 11:35 AM in response to vileyy

I purchased a 15 pro on Oct 29th. The battery drain has been pretty significant using the phone or at idle. For reference I am a very light user. No social media apps or gaming apps. For me the top 2 battery drains in the last 24 hrs were Phone Audio, 59% and Home & Lock Screen 15%. Today I decided to go thru all the phone settings. I adjusted some app notification settings, deleted some unused apps also. Turned off the phone then restarted. When I did this my battery was at 24%. I checked it probably every 30 minutes and noticed the battery was still depleting too fast. The next thing I did was remove the 3 widgets I had on the Lock Screen (Calendar, Weather and Precipitation). I left the widget stack on my Home Screen alone (Stocks, Weather, Calendar, Ecobee Thermostat). I then charged the phone to 100 %, turned it off and restarted. I've left the phone alone checking it every 30 minutes or so for now 5 1/2 hrs. It is still at 100% with no physical use. That wouldn't have happened before. I'll soon start using it and we'll see what happens?

Oct 1, 2023 3:11 PM in response to ThyTheGreat

When you first activate it or do an iOS update, the iPhone always tend to drain the battery faster and this is due to the background process iOS does to optimize, including, but not limited to, syncing with iCloud, re-indexing your file system, photos, etc. (for faster search). This is normal and usually ends quickly, depending on the amount of data you have - the more data, the longer it takes.

Dec 10, 2023 11:25 AM in response to ThyTheGreat

Several things to try that have come from this community (though should have come from Apple!)

1. Look up setting called "always on" and turn it off (you don't need it and if you google this there are good reasons to turn it off besides this.) I tried this; it did help.
  2. I have not tried this but some have suggested turning off the "find my" app inside the phone (you can still keep it on on your mac computer I think, or someone correct me)
  3. I also found when I allowed the most recent update from apple it seemed to help. That was just a few days ago. I write on 12.10. 23

Good luck!

Battery draining fast on iPhone 15 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.