Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Strange mouse click issue after updating Sonoma on MacBook Pro

I have a MacBook Pro M1 2020, it's having some strange mouse click issues right after I updated to macOS Sonoma. Anyone having the same problem? I hope Apple fixes the problem soon, it's irritating.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 14.0

Posted on Oct 1, 2023 7:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2023 7:44 AM

Issue still exist after updating to Sonoma 14.2. I can't even describe how frustrating this bug is. Not a single word from Apple about this is a shame. 3 months after release and still not fixed. What's the point of reporting bugs, if they don't care at all.

163 replies

Jan 29, 2024 1:23 AM in response to EthanHolmes250

same issue here. macOS Sonoma 14.3 with mx master 3s. If I connect Magic Mouse or razor death adder (wired) => no problems at all.

I have reported an issue I am encountering with my Logitech MX Master 3S mouse when connected to my Mac running on an M1 Pro chip. The problem is that the menu highlights, which are visible when using the trackpad, disappear when I connect the mouse. This issue persists across all applications on the macOS.

Here is a summary of the problem and troubleshooting steps I have already taken:

• When the MX Master 3S is connected, menu selections are not highlighted, which affects my ability to navigate through menu options.
  • I have ensured that the mouse is fully charged and the receiver is correctly plugged in.
  • I have tried using different USB ports for the receiver with no change in the situation.
  • The Logitech Options software is up-to-date.
  • I have checked macOS accessibility settings and found no options that would seem to affect this.
  • I have not found a method to reset the NVRAM on my M1 Pro Mac, as suggested for similar issues on Intel-based Macs.
  • This issue does not occur when the MX Master 3S is disconnected and the trackpad is used.
  • I have checked on another Mac and same issue with this mouse there. I have tried this mouse on windows - no issues there.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance or guidance you could provide to resolve this issue. If there are any further troubleshooting steps you would recommend or if this is a known issue with a potential upcoming fix, please let me know.

Dec 26, 2023 1:33 AM in response to EthanHolmes250

The latest update didn't solve the problem. So what they are updating, and why do they not look into it? Let me be clear. I do not use any external mouse. It's just the internal trackpad. There was no problem with Ventura .. It's all about BUGGY Sonoma. This bug is very annoying, as a developer why the heck I have to deal with switching pages just to make trackpad work in the middle of my intensive work? Dropdowns need hover and the hover of our precious Mac keeps disappearing!

I suggested MacBooks to my friends and family, and from this point on, I don't think it's a good choice.

Don't buy it if you haven't yet. And if you bought it, do not update it as Apple developers don't care about the bugs. Maybe they think it's a very little bug(clearly it's not) so, it can be postponed to a later date!

Oct 12, 2023 5:07 PM in response to EthanHolmes250

I have been experiencing a persistent issue with my Mac recently, and it has been causing me a lot of frustration. The problem seems to be occurring frequently, and I initially thought it was specific to my machine. However, after stumbling upon a post related to the same issue, I realized that it is a widespread problem that many people are experiencing.

I tried running my Mac in safe mode to troubleshoot the issue, but unfortunately, it did not resolve the problem. I am still actively searching for a solution or any updates that may help me resolve the issue permanently.

Oct 19, 2023 5:22 PM in response to EthanHolmes250

This might be overkill, but this is what I did to fix the issue (feel free to tweak my solution):

System Settings ==> Desktop & Dock ==>

Desktop & Stage Manager

Show Items

• Uncheck On Desktop
      • Uncheck In Stage Manager

Click wallpaper to reveal desktop ==> Set to Only in Stage Manager

Widgets

Show Widgets

• Uncheck On Desktop
      • Uncheck In Stage Manager

Use iPhone Widgets ==> Turn off

Reboot computer

Oct 8, 2023 6:41 AM in response to EthanHolmes250

I'm also having issues with my mouse after a few days of updating to Sonoma. I tested different mice and the problem is definitely the Mac. The mouse is recognized, but the left click is not working properly. I click on the menus, and they open, but then I cannot select any option. The weirdest thing is that when I restart the computer I'm able to use the mouse properly (when the system is still restarting)one time and then it is broken again. I need to use the tab or arrows on the keyboard to select things. I'm not sure how it could be related, but the problem started when I plugged the computer into a different screen than I usually do.

Jan 20, 2024 9:02 PM in response to EthanHolmes250

OMG, I'm having a very hard time with my iMac. It's driving me crazy and I'm thinking it was a biggest mistake of my life purchasing this computer with all the problems it has. I've had this problem with the mouse before but after updating to Sonoma it gets worse. I can't do anything. my space doesn't work in some apps and also I can't open any files using space bottom anymore. the mouse has glitch a lot. for example when I'm using Pages and start typing pages starts moving and I can't type. and there is a weird blue boarder I can see in my screen all the time.

Oct 12, 2023 9:45 AM in response to ejaquino

I just want to add here. An Apple support contacted me earlier about this issue. Well, they don't really know what's happening they just contacted me to go over the issues and they took some logs on my mac. They say that a good number of mac has the same issue but they don't have any idea what causing it. But tonight I discovered something about the wireless-connected device that might be causing it.

In my setup, I have a Bluetooth keyboard (Logitech k380) and Logitech MX Master 3.

Issues appeared when I connected my mouse via Bluetooth or dongle and when I turned it off the issue disappeared. I think it is because of the software (logi Option+) but I tried connecting my other Bluetooth mouse (Generic one with no software needed just connected via Bluetooth) and I got the same issue so it's not on the software.

But I also have my keyboard connected via Bluetooth and It has no problem. The problems only appear when a wireless mouse is connected (bt or dongle). The wired mouse works perfectly fine.

Strange mouse click issue after updating Sonoma on MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.