Cancelling a subscription

I’m trying to cancel a subscription for an app on my iPhone (ChatOn AI chatbot). I go into settings, my account, and the subscription is set to renew. I click cancel subscription, a loading wheel spins, then nothing happens and it still shows as it’s set to renew. What can I do?

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 1, 2023 7:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2023 7:48 PM

This support article explains how to cancel a subscription from Apple on an Apple mobile device, Mac, PC, and online ➔ If you want to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support , or this video will only tell you how to do it on an iPhone ➔ https://www.youtube.com/watch/XXx-J-ueCtE

Notes:

• You might need to scroll down to find the Cancel Subscription button.

• If you don’t see Cancel Subscription, then the subscription is already canceled and won't renew. An "Expires" date (instead of "Renews") means the current subscription will just run until then. "Resubscribe" is just in case you change your mind about having it end.

• Deleting an app does not cancel a subscription.

• If you don’t cancel trials more than 24 hours before your renewal date, your subscription might renew.

• If you don't have an Apple device, see the options near the bottom of the support document.

• Many subscriptions are set to renew automatically until you intentionally cancel them.

If you can’t find the subscription that you want to cancel, use this shortcut to jump to the section about what to do. --> If you want to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support If you still can't find a subscription, contact Apple Support using this issue-specific link at the end of the section. --> https://getsupport.apple.com/?caller=kbase&PGF=PGF63006&category_id=SC0060&symptom_id=23208

If you still have problems, contact Apple online using this page ➔ Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support Select your country, then a product. Alternatively, see a list of Apple phone numbers around the world ➔ Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Click on this link to see how to cancel Apple Music on the web. ➔ How to cancel Apple Music - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2023 7:48 PM in response to Theadvolcator

This support article explains how to cancel a subscription from Apple on an Apple mobile device, Mac, PC, and online ➔ If you want to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support , or this video will only tell you how to do it on an iPhone ➔ https://www.youtube.com/watch/XXx-J-ueCtE

Notes:

• You might need to scroll down to find the Cancel Subscription button.

• If you don’t see Cancel Subscription, then the subscription is already canceled and won't renew. An "Expires" date (instead of "Renews") means the current subscription will just run until then. "Resubscribe" is just in case you change your mind about having it end.

• Deleting an app does not cancel a subscription.

• If you don’t cancel trials more than 24 hours before your renewal date, your subscription might renew.

• If you don't have an Apple device, see the options near the bottom of the support document.

• Many subscriptions are set to renew automatically until you intentionally cancel them.

If you can’t find the subscription that you want to cancel, use this shortcut to jump to the section about what to do. --> If you want to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support If you still can't find a subscription, contact Apple Support using this issue-specific link at the end of the section. --> https://getsupport.apple.com/?caller=kbase&PGF=PGF63006&category_id=SC0060&symptom_id=23208

If you still have problems, contact Apple online using this page ➔ Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support Select your country, then a product. Alternatively, see a list of Apple phone numbers around the world ➔ Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Click on this link to see how to cancel Apple Music on the web. ➔ How to cancel Apple Music - Apple Support

Cancelling a subscription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.