Some ios17 features just not working

Hi all, I have an iPhone 13 Pro, running iOS 17, but a lot of the features just won’t work. Stuff like leaving a video message on FaceTime, continuous conversations with Siri, Using Siri without “hey”. Oh, and AirDrop is just a disaster., doesn’t work at all.

Also, I’ve only tested this with one other iPhone, but it doesn’t seem like my contact poster is sending to the other iPhone (also running iOS 17)

Posted on Oct 1, 2023 8:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2023 9:14 PM

Lekosiet Said:

"Some ios17 features just not working: Hi all, I have an iPhone 13 Pro, running iOS 17, but a lot of the features just won’t work. Stuff like leaving a video message on FaceTime, continuous conversations with Siri, Using Siri without “hey”. Oh, and AirDrop is just a disaster., doesn’t work at all. Also, I’ve only tested this with one other iPhone, but it doesn’t seem like my contact poster is sending to the other iPhone (also running iOS 17)"

-------

Inform Apple of this:

If what is depicted is not the case, then you can recommend to Apple that they look in to this, possibly being a bug in the iOS.  Apple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what needs to be looked into and want needs to be included in updates to come. Apple will know nothing of this, if you don't report it.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all began after installing an update, and how you have troubleshot it thus far. Include the URL of this thread.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2023 9:14 PM in response to Lekosiet

Lekosiet Said:

"Some ios17 features just not working: Hi all, I have an iPhone 13 Pro, running iOS 17, but a lot of the features just won’t work. Stuff like leaving a video message on FaceTime, continuous conversations with Siri, Using Siri without “hey”. Oh, and AirDrop is just a disaster., doesn’t work at all. Also, I’ve only tested this with one other iPhone, but it doesn’t seem like my contact poster is sending to the other iPhone (also running iOS 17)"

-------

Inform Apple of this:

If what is depicted is not the case, then you can recommend to Apple that they look in to this, possibly being a bug in the iOS.  Apple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what needs to be looked into and want needs to be included in updates to come. Apple will know nothing of this, if you don't report it.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all began after installing an update, and how you have troubleshot it thus far. Include the URL of this thread.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary.

Oct 6, 2023 10:10 AM in response to Lekosiet

Lekosiet Said:

"Some ios17 features just not working: Cool, thanks, will do that, thought it might be a bug that needs a fix

———-

Update your iPhone:

Indeed, it is a bug. Many reported it, and Apple is now most certainly aware of this. So, install the most recent iOS update:

1. Go Here: iOS 17.0.3 - Apple Support
  2. As it Reads: This update provides important bug fixes, security updates, and addresses an issue that may cause iPhone to run warmer than expected.

Update the iOS Using a Computer:

Plug you iPhone into a computer > Force restart the iPhone > and then complete the update using the computer. Use my User Tip:  Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip

IMPORTANT: If you have an option to update, however, then be certain you backup your iPhone first. That way, you will have something to restore your iPhone from should anything go wrong with the update

Some ios17 features just not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.