Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Remove Apple ID from my device

iPhone XS, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 12:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 1:25 AM

You can only remove the Activation Lock on your iPhone, if you know the password for the shown Apple ID.

In case this iPhone has been registered to another owner, only the previous owner can remove the Activation Lock.

Have a look at this related article:

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If you have proof of ownership or purchase, the official Apple Support might be able to help:

Additional Support - Activation Lock

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2023 1:25 AM in response to Valarie_

You can only remove the Activation Lock on your iPhone, if you know the password for the shown Apple ID.

In case this iPhone has been registered to another owner, only the previous owner can remove the Activation Lock.

Have a look at this related article:

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If you have proof of ownership or purchase, the official Apple Support might be able to help:

Additional Support - Activation Lock

Oct 2, 2023 7:22 AM in response to Valarie_

It would help a lot if you would provide more context for this request. This article should cover most things you might need to do. If you have problems with a specific issue then please reply with more information about the ID you wish to remove and any error messages you see. Those are often a key diagnostic to a solution.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.