Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

iPhone 15 Pro keyboard not showing anymore in apps and browsers input text fields

I recently upgraded from iPhone 12 Pro to iPhone 15 Pro. I installed all my apps and settings using the most recent iPhone 12 Pro back-up. Ever since I have the new phone my phone keyboard disappeared from some apps and even in the browser when a pop-up with text input field is activated. Most of the times this happens when I need to authenticate with user and password either an app or accessing content with user/password authentication on an webpage. For the apps I tried upgrading them, I removed and then installed but the problem still appears.

On my older iPhone this issue is not present or I haven't met the same problem so far.

I tried some quick fixes I found online like reinstalling the keyboards or changing in the settings but nothing worked so far.

iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 5:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2023 11:09 AM

I thought my issue was resolved after updating to 17.1.2, but it is back. Not all the time, just sometimes, but still very annoying. If close all the applications and reopen, sometimes I get the keyboard back, not always. I sometimes restart the phone and it always comes back, until it goes away again. I want my iphone 12 back, the 15 is not working for me. @apple, please find a way to fix this!!!

Similar questions

42 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2023 11:09 AM in response to arpit221

I thought my issue was resolved after updating to 17.1.2, but it is back. Not all the time, just sometimes, but still very annoying. If close all the applications and reopen, sometimes I get the keyboard back, not always. I sometimes restart the phone and it always comes back, until it goes away again. I want my iphone 12 back, the 15 is not working for me. @apple, please find a way to fix this!!!

Nov 27, 2023 6:52 PM in response to abocin

I chatted with support today, first they suggested I add a keyboard…ok, so do I add one every time int vanishes? Please give me back my iphone 12!!!!

Then, they wanted me to reset the settings (and delete all my passwords in the process), and suggested I write them all down on a piece of paper so I don’t lose them….high tech solution😂

Nov 27, 2023 7:10 PM in response to abocin

People's Replies here are not helping the situation!

If you are responding and saying "Me Too". That is no help in any way what so ever.

Apple is not going to react to that. Why? because they will be assuming you have an iPhone out of the box that still needs to be upgraded. And so why would they react?

When you comment here please provide what Version of IOS you are on and more detail about the experience after you upgraded.

Otherwise your comment devalues this whole thread.

My personal experience was terrible on a version prior to 17.1.1. keyboard would regularly not turn up.

and yes this should never happen on a smart phone.

Since I upgraded to 17.1.1 I only have had it happen once. and it has not happened in the last 3 weeks since I upgraded (only once the day after upgrade.)

Dec 11, 2023 5:12 PM in response to abocin

Just updated my iPhone 15 pro max to the most uptodate software available iOS 17.2 on the 12/12/23 & this is still happening.

Infuriating to see such old posts on this same topic & still no solution from Apple! I’m also finding my iPhone is freezing a lot when in apps or on a browser & trying to scroll. Really unimpressed with this phone so far!

Dec 20, 2023 3:19 AM in response to abocin

This issue can be frustrating if your keyboard is not appearing in the app or browser. If there are minor glitches, you can try the fixes below to rectify the keyboard issue on your iPhone 15 Pro.

1. Check if you have connected any Bluetooth keyboard with your iPhone. Disconnect it first.

2. The Reachability feature might cause an issue as it allows the use of the iPhone with one hand. Disable the Reachability feature. Go to Setting >>> Select Accessibility >>> Click on Touch >>> Turn off Reachability.

3. Also, turn off the one-handed keyboard mode. Go to Settings >>> Click on General >>> Select Keyboard >>> Select one-handed keyboard >>> Turn it Off.

4. If you're using a third-party keyboard on your iPhone, that might cause an issue. Switch to the Default Apple Keyboard and disable all third-party keyboards.

5. Lastly, you can relaunch the app that is facing issues with the keyboard.

If nothing works, Erase all content and settings on your iPhone. Go to Settings >>> Select General >>> Select Transfer or Reset iPhone >>> Tap Erase All Content and Settings. I hope these fixes work.

iPhone 15 Pro keyboard not showing anymore in apps and browsers input text fields

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.