I subscribed to Apple TV and turned on sharing. I invited 3 people however, when they try to access it on their TV there isn’t an Apple TV app. There is Apple screeners. How do they get Apple TV on their TVs?

I subscribed to Apple TV and turned on sharing. I invited 3 people. I went to my friends house to watch a movie and I searched for the Apple TV app. It does not show up. My daughter has the same problem. She signed in with my Apple ID but it only shows what I am watching at the time. How do they access it?

4630X,

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 6:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 6:40 AM

They can access using the Apple TV box connected to their tv, using an app provided by the TV manufacturer (if available, not all offer it), they can stream from a device if the tv supports AirPlay (not all do), or they can watch at tv.apple.com.

3 replies

Oct 2, 2023 6:57 AM in response to JoseyfromP'Cola

Not all TV manufacturers support the Apple TV App. For those that do support it, it may need to be downloaded from the TV's app store. If the TV does not directly support the Apple TV app, it can be accessed through streaming boxes such as an Apple TV, Roku, Fire Stick or games consoles. A new TV would be the very last alternative.

No one but you should ever sign in to your Apple ID. If you did enable Family Sharing and added other people to your Family Sharing group, they should sign in with their own Apple ID, never with yours. The Apple TV App should show everything available from Apple TV+ as well as any purchases made in the Library section.

Your daughter is seeing what you are watching because she signed in with your account.

Signing in with the her account once she accepts the invitation should allow her to watch anything in the TV+ Originals section.

click here ➜ Add a family member to your shared subscriptions - Apple Support

I subscribed to Apple TV and turned on sharing. I invited 3 people however, when they try to access it on their TV there isn’t an Apple TV app. There is Apple screeners. How do they get Apple TV on their TVs?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.