Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calculator buttons changed color

With the latest iOS update (17.0.2), the calculator buttons on my iPhone 13 Pro are now red instead of the usual/default orange. What happened? How do I get the orange color back?

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 6:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 3:18 PM

Go to accessibility/ display and turn off increase contrast. This setting now affects calculator and snooze button by turning them dark orange. Previous iOS did not do this.

9 replies

Nov 29, 2023 7:52 AM in response to bluegs

bluegs wrote:

Exactly. Turning off high contrast affects readability of tiny fonts on my iPhone Max screen, particularly in bright lighting and I don't always carry reading glasses.

Too many apps/web pages have decided that dark gray text on a light gray background is cool. It's not, it's just harder to see and turning high contrast off can make it unreadable. If I purchased a book with this kind of inferior readability, I would return it as defective.

Tell Apple:

Product Feedback - Apple

Nov 29, 2023 7:40 AM in response to rjwigg

Exactly. Turning off high contrast affects readability of tiny fonts on my iPhone Max screen, particularly in bright lighting and I don't always carry reading glasses.

Too many apps/web pages have decided that dark gray text on a light gray background is cool. It's not, it's just harder to see and turning high contrast off can make it unreadable. If I purchased a book with this kind of inferior readability, I would return it as defective.

Feb 8, 2024 12:09 PM in response to kennethsmyth

The issue i wrote does not appear by “clicking it back”. I know what is on and what is off. the option “Increase contrast” is OFF in my case.but only in the calculator app, after half a second of opening the app and having normal colors, i suddenly get the colors that would have appeared if the option was ON. But in my case its OFF. Am i clear on this problem? I have had this since IOS17 public launch and it hasn’t been fixed by software updates.

Calculator buttons changed color

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.