Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to close apps?

I have a iphone7 and I looked up how to close apps, It said to swipe up from the bottom.

That used to work, however now it does not.

So what could I have done to make it not work ?

Phil

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 10:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 10:55 AM

Hi there,

Your post indicates that you're using an iPhone 7. If so, this is how you can close apps on your iPhone:

1. Double-click the Home button to show your most recently used apps. 
  2. Swipe right or left to find the app that you want to close. 
  3. Swipe up on the app's preview to close the app.

If these steps are not working, try restarting your iPhone.

If you actually have an iPhone X or later, without a Home button, you can close an app by following these steps:

1. From the Home Screen, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and pause in the middle of the screen.

I hope this helps!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2023 10:55 AM in response to rvtips

Hi there,

Your post indicates that you're using an iPhone 7. If so, this is how you can close apps on your iPhone:

1. Double-click the Home button to show your most recently used apps. 

If these steps are not working, try restarting your iPhone.

If you actually have an iPhone X or later, without a Home button, you can close an app by following these steps:

1. From the Home Screen, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and pause in the middle of the screen.

I hope this helps!

How to close apps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.