Text messages showing on 2018 Toyota Sienna

I have an iphone 11. Several month ago my text messages stopped showing up on Toyota screen. If I was driving I had the option to play the message. Now I get a quick notification that a text was received but no option to play it. I have to stop in order to read it on my phone or look for it on the car screen. The Blue Tooth "expert" at my dealership hadn't a clue why this was happening other then to blame it on an update. How can I get my texts to show up on the car screen again with the option to "play" it while driving.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 1:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 1:03 PM

Here are some steps you can try to get your iPhone 11 text messages to show up on your Toyota screen again with the option to play them while driving:

1. Make sure your iPhone and Toyota have the latest software updates.

Software updates can often include bug fixes and performance improvements, so it's worth checking to make sure you have the latest versions installed.

2. Restart your iPhone and your Toyota.

A simple restart can often fix minor software glitches.

3. Make sure that Bluetooth is enabled on both your iPhone and your Toyota.

4. Make sure that CarPlay is enabled on your iPhone.

To do this, go to Settings > General > CarPlay and make sure that the CarPlay toggle is turned on.

5. Make sure that your iPhone is paired with your Toyota.

To do this, go to Settings > Bluetooth and make sure that your Toyota is listed under My Devices. If it is, make sure that the toggle next to it is turned on.

6. Make sure that the Show Notifications toggle is enabled for your Toyota in your iPhone's Bluetooth settings.

To do this, go to Settings > Bluetooth and tap the info button (the blue circle with an "i" in it) next to your Toyota. Make sure that the Show Notifications toggle is turned on.

7. Make sure that the New Text Message Popups option is enabled in your Toyota's CarPlay settings.

Consult your Toyota's owner's manual for instructions on how to do this.

If you have tried all of the above steps and your text messages are still not showing up on your Toyota screen, you may need to contact Toyota customer support for further assistance.

Here are some additional tips:

• Try using a different USB cable to connect your iPhone to your Toyota.

• Try connecting your iPhone to your Toyota using a wireless CarPlay connection, if available.

• If you are using a wired CarPlay connection, try connecting your iPhone to a different USB port on your Toyota.

• Try resetting your Toyota's infotainment system to factory defaults. Consult your Toyota's owner's manual for instructions on how to do this.

I hope this helps!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2023 1:03 PM in response to Rockythevillages

Here are some steps you can try to get your iPhone 11 text messages to show up on your Toyota screen again with the option to play them while driving:

1. Make sure your iPhone and Toyota have the latest software updates.

Software updates can often include bug fixes and performance improvements, so it's worth checking to make sure you have the latest versions installed.

2. Restart your iPhone and your Toyota.

A simple restart can often fix minor software glitches.

3. Make sure that Bluetooth is enabled on both your iPhone and your Toyota.

4. Make sure that CarPlay is enabled on your iPhone.

To do this, go to Settings > General > CarPlay and make sure that the CarPlay toggle is turned on.

5. Make sure that your iPhone is paired with your Toyota.

To do this, go to Settings > Bluetooth and make sure that your Toyota is listed under My Devices. If it is, make sure that the toggle next to it is turned on.

6. Make sure that the Show Notifications toggle is enabled for your Toyota in your iPhone's Bluetooth settings.

To do this, go to Settings > Bluetooth and tap the info button (the blue circle with an "i" in it) next to your Toyota. Make sure that the Show Notifications toggle is turned on.

7. Make sure that the New Text Message Popups option is enabled in your Toyota's CarPlay settings.

Consult your Toyota's owner's manual for instructions on how to do this.

If you have tried all of the above steps and your text messages are still not showing up on your Toyota screen, you may need to contact Toyota customer support for further assistance.

Here are some additional tips:

• Try using a different USB cable to connect your iPhone to your Toyota.

• Try connecting your iPhone to your Toyota using a wireless CarPlay connection, if available.

• If you are using a wired CarPlay connection, try connecting your iPhone to a different USB port on your Toyota.

• Try resetting your Toyota's infotainment system to factory defaults. Consult your Toyota's owner's manual for instructions on how to do this.

I hope this helps!

Text messages showing on 2018 Toyota Sienna

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.