Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s+ notifications in my Lexus broke?

in my dad’s 2014 Lexus RX350, you are supposed to be able to see your incoming text messages on the screen used for GPS and Music, but, since he updated to iOS 12, he’s been unable to. I thought it was a bug with iOS 12 (that still existed in 13.1.3), but, when my mom connected her iPhone 6S+ running iOS 13.1.3, her text messages show up properly. I tried deleting his phone from both the car and the list of Bluetooth devices on his phone, but I still can’t see it on the screen. Anyone know how to fix it?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 11

Posted on Oct 22, 2019 9:31 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Oct 28, 2019 3:57 PM in response to Patddfan

Hello Patddfan,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like there is trouble receiving messages and notifications on the screen in the car. There are a couple things you can try that may be able to help. I would recommend you use this article to help troubleshoot the issue.

"If CarPlay doesn't work like you expect, make sure that your iPhone has the latest version of iOS. After your iPhone is updated, follow these steps—checking CarPlay after each step:

1. If CarPlay doesn't activate automatically, look for the CarPlay logo on your car's display.
  2. Restart your iPhone and your car. 
  3. Make sure that Siri is on.
  4. If your iPhone isn't detected by CarPlay, make sure that CarPlay isn't restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and make sure that CarPlay is enabled.
  5. Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, and tap Forget This Car.
  6. Check your connection:
    • If you have a wired connection, try connecting again with a different USB cable to a different USB port if you have one.
    • If you have a wireless connection, enable AirPlane Mode by going to Settings > Airplane Mode. Don't enable Airplane Mode from Control Center.
  1. If needed, install firmware updates. Check your car's manual for more information.

If you still have issues connecting to CarPlay, contact Apple Support."

How to use CarPlay with your iPhone

Please don't hesitate to let us know if the steps resolved your issue or if you need additional assistance.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a nice day.

iPhone 6s+ notifications in my Lexus broke?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.