What is "best-lucky-cat.xyz" app

Unknown app on my iMac.

iMac 27″, macOS 14.0

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 5:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 7:25 PM

If you don't know what it is, uninstall it. Read Uninstall apps on your Mac - Apple Support.

Nothing gets installed on a Mac without your consent. Read Effective defenses against malware and other threats - Apple Community.

6 replies

Oct 2, 2023 11:45 PM in response to John Galt

Thanks John. Probably misspoke using the word "App" as an identifier. The attached pic shows what I get every few minutes in the upper righthand corner of my desktop (possibly a Notification alert?). I do not have any McAfee apps on my computer (have double checked my Applications file). I'm aware of the dangers of clicking on unknowns, avoid clickbait icons, etc., but in this case I did click the "Show" button.

With that click my Safari opened at the URL that I indicated before. I did not take any action on that site and immediately closed browser and shut down. This "Notification" continues, sometimes I have a dozen showing on screen as the accumulate.

I also Googled this item and found several hits about deleting it but now leery to do anything. Maybe someone will come up with an answer. Thanks for the recommendations, which I'll once again review.

What is "best-lucky-cat.xyz" app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.