Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Shazam app not working on iPhone

I am unable to use Shazam. The app was working yesterday and stopped today, cause unknown? All other apps work fine. The app was deleted and reinstalled with no change.

)

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 10:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2023 10:56 PM

Surfhula Said:

"My Shazam app not working. When touched the app disappears. Please help!,: I am unable to use Shazam. The app was working yesterday and stopped today, cause unknown? All other apps work fine. The app was deleted and reinstalled with no change."

-------

To the OP and all readers...

Troubleshooting Shazam App Not Working on an iPhone:

Report this to Apple:

Do your Part: It is important that you provide feedback on this occurrence to Apple.  Apple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed. These are just user-to-user forums. Apple barely reads this as it is on their own time and will. So, report it. Apple will know nothing of this, if you do not report it to them.

To Provide Feedback:

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all stopped working, and how you have troubleshot this, thus far. Include the URL of this thread.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary
146 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2023 10:56 PM in response to Surfhula

Surfhula Said:

"My Shazam app not working. When touched the app disappears. Please help!,: I am unable to use Shazam. The app was working yesterday and stopped today, cause unknown? All other apps work fine. The app was deleted and reinstalled with no change."

-------

To the OP and all readers...

Troubleshooting Shazam App Not Working on an iPhone:

Report this to Apple:

Do your Part: It is important that you provide feedback on this occurrence to Apple.  Apple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed. These are just user-to-user forums. Apple barely reads this as it is on their own time and will. So, report it. Apple will know nothing of this, if you do not report it to them.

To Provide Feedback:

2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all stopped working, and how you have troubleshot this, thus far. Include the URL of this thread.

Oct 2, 2023 10:28 PM in response to Surfhula

Surfhula Said:

-------

Troubleshooting an App Closing Unexpectedly:

A. Start here: If an App on your iPhone or iPad Stops Responding, Closes Unexpectedly, or won’t Open - Apple Support

B. Restart your iPhone:

Perform a a Force Restart If an app quits unexpectedly. Go here: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

C. Redownload the App:

Having issues, redownload this app. You'd find this app directly in the app.s site of the App Store.

D. Contact the Developer:

Perhaps this is a known bug. Having issues, contact the Developer. You'd find this app directly in the app.s site of the App Store.

Oct 9, 2023 4:13 PM in response to jasmyn01

jasmyn01 Said:

I just did a chat with Apple Support. Solution: Go to Settings, Accessibility, Display & Text Size & turn off bold text. Apparently from a recent update this is the walk around for the issue. It worked for me & my partners phone. How frustrating but fixable. Good luck :)

———-

Report this as a Bug Fix to Apple:

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know about this issue.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come. Apple will know nothing of this issue and its fix, if you don't report it to them.

2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all began after installing an update. Include the URL of this thread.

Oct 9, 2023 4:24 PM in response to Surfhula

Surfhula Said:

-------

See the recommended solution. Report back if it works. If so, provide feedback to Apple of the fix….

Report this as a Bug Fix to Apple:

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know about this issue.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come. Apple will know nothing of this, if you don't report it to them.

2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all began after installing an update. Include the URL of this thread.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.