Apple watch case micro fractures

I noticed some micro fractures on my Apple watch case. Does anyone know what is this due to? Over time, could this impact the function?

Apple Watch Series 6

Posted on Oct 3, 2023 1:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2023 2:02 AM

It is difficult to be sure from photos but that looks like crazing on the paint finish rather than the metal of the watch body. If it was the metal I think the watch would have disintegrated with that quantity of cracks. It looks like most are on the side closest to your arm, so it is possible the surface has been degraded by long term exposure to sweat.

Only Apple can give a definitive judgement after a hands-on inspection, so if you are unsure please Contact Apple Support and arrange a Genius Bar appointment to get your watch examined.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2023 2:02 AM in response to parisfromshenzhen

It is difficult to be sure from photos but that looks like crazing on the paint finish rather than the metal of the watch body. If it was the metal I think the watch would have disintegrated with that quantity of cracks. It looks like most are on the side closest to your arm, so it is possible the surface has been degraded by long term exposure to sweat.

Only Apple can give a definitive judgement after a hands-on inspection, so if you are unsure please Contact Apple Support and arrange a Genius Bar appointment to get your watch examined.

Apple watch case micro fractures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.