Changed my country/region with a new payment method but cant download apps because "my account is not valid" and it asks me to switch back to my old country's store

so im an international student who moved to the UK recently, i have a UK phone number and wise card that i added for my online payments. So i wanna download Vinted, which is only available on the UK app store so I switched my country, added in my payment details and tried downloading the app only to get an error message saying "Account Not In This Store" in bold, with "Your account is not valid for use in the UK store. You must switch to the Malaysian store before purchasing" right below it. It then gives me the option to to either cancel or change store, but changing store brings me back to the Malaysian store which doesn't even have Vinted.

How can I remedy this without creating a whole new apple ID?

Posted on Oct 3, 2023 3:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2023 10:21 AM

When you attempt to switch your account's country are you meeting the qualifications to do so?

Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support

You must use a local UK payment method with a local UK billing address.

This will list the acceptable payment methods for the UK;

Payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID - Apple Support

M1 Mac mini, macOS 13.5.2;  Watch, series 7 GPS/cellular, watchOS 10.0.1; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 17.0.1; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 17.0.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 17; HomePods, audioOS 17 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2023 10:21 AM in response to mty17

When you attempt to switch your account's country are you meeting the qualifications to do so?

Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support

You must use a local UK payment method with a local UK billing address.

This will list the acceptable payment methods for the UK;

Payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID - Apple Support

M1 Mac mini, macOS 13.5.2;  Watch, series 7 GPS/cellular, watchOS 10.0.1; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 17.0.1; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 17.0.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 17; HomePods, audioOS 17 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Changed my country/region with a new payment method but cant download apps because "my account is not valid" and it asks me to switch back to my old country's store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.