cannot use iMessage in MacBook Pro

I cannot send messages using iMessage in my MacBook Pro 14,1 when I send message it says not delivered and I have tried reseting nvram also what can I do

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.6

Posted on Oct 3, 2023 8:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2023 6:14 PM

re: cannot use iMessage in MacBook Pro : it says not delivered and I have tried reseting nvram also what can I do

✽ iMessages from Apple to Apple devices go by wi-fi. Check your wi-fi is working correctly.

✽ Check you are signed in (to your Mac) with your Apple ID: Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

✽ What to do: If you can’t send or receive messages on your Mac - Apple Support

NB: Messages to Android users must use cellular data (green bubbles) to be delivered as texts.

Could it be that the Message that was "not delivered" was sent to an Android phone, and cellular is not available.

✽ How to: Create and manage contacts in Messages on Mac - Apple Support

If needed:

✽ Messages User Guide for MacOS Sonoma: Messages User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

or

✽ Apple Messages Support website (info. / support / contact options):

Messages for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac - Official Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2023 6:14 PM in response to aryaman49

re: cannot use iMessage in MacBook Pro : it says not delivered and I have tried reseting nvram also what can I do

✽ iMessages from Apple to Apple devices go by wi-fi. Check your wi-fi is working correctly.

✽ Check you are signed in (to your Mac) with your Apple ID: Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

✽ What to do: If you can’t send or receive messages on your Mac - Apple Support

NB: Messages to Android users must use cellular data (green bubbles) to be delivered as texts.

Could it be that the Message that was "not delivered" was sent to an Android phone, and cellular is not available.

✽ How to: Create and manage contacts in Messages on Mac - Apple Support

If needed:

✽ Messages User Guide for MacOS Sonoma: Messages User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

or

✽ Apple Messages Support website (info. / support / contact options):

Messages for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac - Official Apple Support

cannot use iMessage in MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.