FaceTime camera is grey?

I don’t know why but when I FaceTime someone sometimes my own camera ( the one showing my face) will turn grey. I can still hear and see the other person but they can’t see me they only see a grey screen. They can still hear me. I have to end the call and then recall but sometimes I have to recall like 5 times to get the camera to start working again. I don’t know why this happens and I don’t know how to fix it.

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Oct 3, 2023 12:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2024 7:12 PM

Yes my camera when I Am in FaceTime it’s gray and my friends can’t see me

5 replies

Oct 5, 2023 11:57 AM in response to ryann155

Hi there ryann155,

We see you need help with your FaceTime camera not working properly during a call. The first steps to start with are in this article for camera issues: If the camera or flash on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't working

If you want to try more steps on your own
If you prefer, here are some more steps you can try on your own if the camera isn't working. You might still need to contact Apple Support after following these steps. 
1. If the photo is blurry, clean the front and back camera lenses with a microfiber cloth. If you see dirt or debris inside the lens, damage to your iPhone near the camera, or if the camera lens appears to be misaligned or blocked, contact Apple Support to discuss service options.
2. If you see motion blur in low-light situations and you use a lens converter, metallic case, or a magnetic lens mount, try removing the accessory.
3. Restart your iPhoneiPad, or iPod touch.
4. Update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS.
5. Test the camera again by taking a photo. If your device has a front and rear camera, check if one or both aren't working. To switch cameras, tap the rotate button .

If the camera still doesn't work properly while using FaceTime, you'll next want to reach out to Apple Support directly. You can reach them here: Get Support

You can also find the support phone number for your region at this link: Contact Apple for support and service

All the best.

FaceTime camera is grey?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.