New iPhone 14 not connecting to internet

Just got a new iPhone 14 Pro Max and transferred my wife’s number to it last night. It had a different/new number on it but the new number was for my kids/house phone so we swapped numbers so my wife could have the new phone. I did a restore from iCloud backup last night and woke up this morning to it not having any internet connection even though it’s connected to Wi-Fi and my Wi-Fi is working properly on all other devices (including my iPhone 14 pro max this is being typed on). I tried disabling Wi-Fi to see if it could connect to internet through the cellular connection but that didn’t work either (cell internet connection also works on my phone). I tried restarting the device but that hasn’t worked either. In the settings, it says Restore in Progress with an estimated 28.8 GB of data to be downloaded still. I’ve tried the internet through multiple apps and nothing will connect. Any help is appreciated… seems like I might have to erase and try starting over?

iOS version is 17.0.2

model number MQ8V3LL/A

Posted on Oct 4, 2023 3:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2023 3:32 PM

I figured it out. I have ExpressVPN and noticed that it was automatically enabled. I removed the VPN in my settings and now the internet works fine.

Similar questions

1 reply

New iPhone 14 not connecting to internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.