iPhone 15 pro heating

I have been noticing that my phone is heating only when I am in call with someone.

It stays cool and reasonably hot while doing other things but when I am on call with someone over the cellular network it heats up real quick. Have anyone come across this kind of issue?

Phone derails :

15 pro 128 GB white titanium

using since sep 24, 2023

running iOS 17.0.2

iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 4, 2023 9:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2023 6:10 AM

Im having the same issue with pro max. I updated to 17.3 and it still the same issue. It specially overheat on cellular data. Shame on Apple! They need to recall iphone 15. It has issues. I contacted Apple support and they said there is no return, since I live in Saudi Arabia. Not sure what to do.

6 replies

Apr 3, 2024 2:29 PM in response to DhanushAcharya

I have same issue they replaced the battery and inside that didn’t work gave me a new phone that didn’t work sitting at Apple Store now and they said they can send the phone in and it will take up to 7 days to get back. So I so over this phone it gets up to 125 degrees and Shute down when I’m on zoom calls. Also while charging it says phone has to cool down before finishing charging

Oct 4, 2023 11:29 AM in response to DhanushAcharya

DhanushAcharya wrote:

I have been noticing that my phone is heating only when I am in call with someone.
It stays cool and reasonably hot while doing other things but when I am on call with someone over the cellular network it heats up real quick. Have anyone come across this kind of issue?

Phone derails :
15 pro 128 GB white titanium
using since sep 24, 2023
running iOS 17.0.2

update to ios 17.0.3 which came out today, it includes fixing the issue you're having.

iPhone 15 pro heating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.